Permanent Dog License

The country that I live in has offered 1,3 year and permanent dog licenses this year.I had to go to the Auditors Office to get one but I figured Teddy is worth it. I still got lost but weather was nice :)
I really like the idea of a permanent dog license...it would be so much easier than the yearly renewal we go through here...it is the only option we are given. Wish our town would offer a life time or at least more than 1 year. I assume you still have to show proof of updating the mandatory rabies vaccination?
Trini
 
Teddy has his 3 year rabies inoculation but I didn't have to show anything but the letter they sent me to renew his license and tell them I wanted the permanent 1 :)
We used to be able to renew dog licenses at the vet, they’d put in whether the dog was altered or not and included info about vaccination. Since they stopped this and allowed you to renew online you don’t need any documentation...I was able to license Finnie with just the info I put in, no proof required. Unaltered licenses here are $90/year, nothing to stop people from saying dog is altered just to pay less. Kinda stupid if you ask me...
 
We used to be able to renew dog licenses at the vet, they’d put in whether the dog was altered or not and included info about vaccination. Since they stopped this and allowed you to renew online you don’t need any documentation...I was able to license Finnie with just the info I put in, no proof required. Unaltered licenses here are $90/year, nothing to stop people from saying dog is altered just to pay less. Kinda stupid if you ask me...
Lisa, that is a huge fee...here it is $8.00 for altered and $12.00 for unaltered...but you have to submit written proof signed from the vet who did the altering and the same written and signed proof is required for rabies vaccines along with the metal tag given when the dog gets the vaccine. So no one can lie about the status of their dog.
Trini
 
When Deska was a pup we had registration - a Territory-wide scheme. It was a good system as you got a discount for obedience training your dog to a certain standard, and it worked really well, most dogs were obedience trained beyond puppy school. The fee for an intact dog was very high and you had to have a permit to have an intact dog (desexing and microchipping is mandatory)/ Then they scrapped dog registration - that was sheer stupidity. Animal Management Services was under-funded, there was no understanding of how many dogs there were, what breeds and no encouragement for training or compliance. Guess what, dog attacks, stray dogs, dumped dogs, backyard breeding all sky-rocketed.

Last year a Canadian fellow came out to do a review about what to do with the increase in dog attacks, but the report was very much focused on what would work in Canada so the Govt ignored it. The only outcome was the reintroduced registration - but free rego. As it turns out, free registration is not resulting in enough people registering their dogs.
 
Lisa, that is a huge fee...here it is $8.00 for altered and $12.00 for unaltered...but you have to submit written proof signed from the vet who did the altering and the same written and signed proof is required for rabies vaccines along with the metal tag given when the dog gets the vaccine. So no one can lie about the status of their dog.
Trini
Of course they don’t realize that more people would license their dogs if it wasn’t cost prohibitive. And of course if your neighbours complain about your barking dog and it’s not licensed your looking at a $250 fine. With 3 Shelties that bark at the drop of a hat lol I make sure my neighbours are ok with it!
 
Back
Top