pin brush question

I love my wooden one...before I used it on the dogs I tried it on me...wow!! I loved it...sad to say Im back using my cheapy drug store brand and the dogs are using $50 brushes....whats wrong with that picture...hmmmm:lol:

QUOTE]

OMG! We are all sick! You prompted me to try the two brushes out on my own hair. (I did check the brush for fleas/ticks first).

The results: The 35mm brush seemed to fluff up my hair a little more. The 20mm brush seemed to slick things back nice and smooth. (p.s. I think I might order a 20mm now for MY own use)

So message to the forum: If you really want to know...try it on yourself first! :yes::lol:
 
OMG! We are all sick! You prompted me to try the two brushes out on my own hair. (I did check the brush for fleas/ticks first).

The results: The 35mm brush seemed to fluff up my hair a little more. The 20mm brush seemed to slick things back nice and smooth. (p.s. I think I might order a 20mm now for MY own use)

So message to the forum: If you really want to know...try it on yourself first! :yes::lol:

That is the funniest thing I've heard all day... and I was wondering why they cost so much. It's because everyone in the house can share!
 
That is the funniest thing I've heard all day... and I was wondering why they cost so much. It's because everyone in the house can share!

And we think our Shelties are quirky....I'm starting to think that we are the quirky ones! :rolleyes2::lol:
 
This whole thing about brushes is so confusing! I am on the fence. I need to get better brushes, but the CC are so expensive! I went to a couple of dog shows to see if I can 'try' the brushes out and see how I liked them, but no one had the CC brushes here. So now I don't know what to do -spend the money or get something cheaper? This is hurting my head already! (I don't ever even spend this much thought into buying brushes for my hair!)
 
(Bacca stuck his nose in a couple of times to help demonstrate the products, but he quickly lost interest)

That's a really cute tote! Maybe Bacca was trying to model? It's a picture of his side so you can see how well groomed he is. :yes:

Also, Plush Puppy sells brushes. I have never tried them though. All of their brushes are ones I already have so I don't see any point in ordering any more. I do want some of that coat rescue (don't need it yet but I know I will before too much longer) and a spray bottle.
 
I just bought a CC wooden pin detangler and a small undercoat brush. Dumped my Doggy Man one -- what a piece of c**p, not to mention the girls hated being brushed. With the new ones, Layla actually CAME UP TO ME TO BE BRUSHED when I was working on Bits. :eek2: that has never happened!!!

Does the wood pin detangler work well? Indy gets really bad mats behind his ears and skulks now when he sees me with my torture bag! :(
 
This whole thing about brushes is so confusing! I am on the fence. I need to get better brushes, but the CC are so expensive! I went to a couple of dog shows to see if I can 'try' the brushes out and see how I liked them, but no one had the CC brushes here. So now I don't know what to do -spend the money or get something cheaper? This is hurting my head already! (I don't ever even spend this much thought into buying brushes for my hair!)

Well, by this thread, I think we've discovered that we can share our brushes with our dogs! :lol:

Seriously, though. From everything that I've read, these brushes have a much longer life span than the $5.99 versions. And my cheap "smucked up" brush is testament to that.

I don't think you necessarily need 2 - you might want to split the difference and go with the 27mm. The longer pins do take getting used to and you'll find yourself a little ackward at first.

P.S. The Illustrated Guide recommends something called a PSI 25 or Safari with 1 inch pins as a general purpose brush. She says they are expensive, but I just googled and found it for $11.99 on the Cherrybrook site for the 20mm which would be about 3/4". Didn't find the 25mm though.
 
I'm just a "hair person" in general, be it animals or people. That's one of the reasons I like shelties - the long fur.

One thing I did take into consideration though is the fact that everything is a toy for my dog. I do mean everything, too! I bought one of those back to school crates in a funky color to organize all of my pet products. Smudge will walk up to the grooming crate, select a brush, and start chewing. I've moved the crate to higher ground, but that doesn't stop him from grabbing it out of my hand and running away with it while I groom him. :rolleyes2: So we'll see how these brushes hold out.

I know with people brushes a brush is not just a brush. If you take a good quality brush and try to style your hair with it it's going to make your hair look nicer because it's made out of better stuff. You WILL feel the difference. I used my brushes for the first time early this morning on Smudge and I liked the job it did.
 
Back
Top