Piper update

Isn't it just so affirming to your decision to go through with such a serious surgery that he's doing so well? I'm so very happy. And sounds like improvements keep coming. Great photos of a seriously cute boy. :love:
Honestly Sharon I never even considered not doing the surgery. I know the vet wanted me to wait until we had the results from the biopsy until I at least made the decision. That’s why I insisted we set the date for the surgery the same day we did the biopsy (the Monday one week prior to getting the results). If I’d listened to her we wouldn’t have set the date until we had the results which probably would’ve set the surgery for another week later (which would’ve given the cancer more time to grow). This is why the surgery was 2 days after we got the results.
The day we’d seen her initially (the Thursday prior to the biopsy) when she told me it didn’t look good I asked her for a ballpark idea of cost and she said 15…I said thousand? Because even that wouldn’t have been a factor, I just wanted to know. Of course she laughed and said no, 1500 (it ended up being a bit more). No amount of money would’ve changed my mind.
And yes, seeing him now EVEN with the tongue hanging out brings such happiness to me but there’s always that lingering doubt that she got it all…
And that’s why I have changed his diet…if there is the risk (which she says there isn’t) I will do everything possible in my power to improve his odds!
 
Honestly Sharon I never even considered not doing the surgery. I know the vet wanted me to wait until we had the results from the biopsy until I at least made the decision. That’s why I insisted we set the date for the surgery the same day we did the biopsy (the Monday one week prior to getting the results). If I’d listened to her we wouldn’t have set the date until we had the results which probably would’ve set the surgery for another week later (which would’ve given the cancer more time to grow). This is why the surgery was 2 days after we got the results.
The day we’d seen her initially (the Thursday prior to the biopsy) when she told me it didn’t look good I asked her for a ballpark idea of cost and she said 15…I said thousand? Because even that wouldn’t have been a factor, I just wanted to know. Of course she laughed and said no, 1500 (it ended up being a bit more). No amount of money would’ve changed my mind.
And yes, seeing him now EVEN with the tongue hanging out brings such happiness to me but there’s always that lingering doubt that she got it all…
And that’s why I have changed his diet…if there is the risk (which she says there isn’t) I will do everything possible in my power to improve his odds!
Unfortunately with cancer you never know despite how perfect the surgeon is. This applies to people also. Hopefully in his case they either stopped it cold or slowed it enough that he can live to be an old man.
 
Piper has an awesome mom, At the same time I have not heard of any of us that would put a dollar figure over getting what ever our companions needed for a happy life. It's 1 of the reasons SN is very special to me. :)
You’re absolutely right Ron!
I see all too often on Facebook groups people asking for recommendations of a cheap vet. Why would anyone want a cheap vet? I want a vet who cares as much about my dogs as I do!
 
I want one who has done the procedure before and had successfully completed whatever it was. I pay for experience.
Bad example is Teddys Spyder bite. The first few pictures are their young vet and then senior vet who shaves him drained the boo-boo and has him on the road to being healed .First Vet antibiotic cream second vet pain meds and antibiotic pills Same practice.
 
Back
Top