Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Piper

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by Piper's mom, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    for the AKC Rach- you need 20 Triple Qs (Master, Exc and Adv) and 300 points, 150 have to come from the Master class. When they first put out the point schedule, you needed more points from the Master class and while you had to Q in Advanced, they didn't count those points towards the total. So, I think that they have made it more reasonable with the modifications.

Cran needs 70 Master points- we didn't get high enough scores in our early Master Qs to have maybe our first 8 Q scores count.
    Cran got his first RAE before they came out with the Master class so in the course of this, 2 RM titles and 2 more RAE titles.
    I'm not even going to attempt to add up how much it cost.........
    I want Cran to get his Rach at my club's obedience/rally trial in Nov. so previously we haven't really traveled with motel stays until this year. The trial we're going to this month is having 5 rally trials in 3 days- it's in LA near Baton Rouge so we'll be in a motel for that one. Should we be lucky enough to get 5 perfect scores, we'll still need 20 points. We have plans to go to Atlanta for a trial that has 2 rally trials in one day. The schedule actually means I won't have to take time off for that one but we need the potential to get some scores that weekend........
    It will have taken Cran two years from his first Master Q until his Rach- but we weren't seriously pursuing the Rach when we started.

2. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Gloria - if I saw such a wonderful picture somewhere random on the web
    - I would think it was lined up :wink2:

Beau is so amazing and Liam is so comfortable with him :yes:

Imagine you three have found each other :hugs

Calliesmom, Piper's mom and ghggp like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Beau loved Liam from the moment I brought him home. He just took over as a loving parent.

if Liam had tried it with Baron things would not have worked out so well!

I know that Riley was the lead dog in Lisa’s pack. So he kept a tight reign on Piper and Finnie!

Hanne and Piper's mom like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I was cleaning up my iPad last night and I came across a picture of Piper from 2 years ago when we were competing for Novice. Gosh...he was so cute (he still is but I guess he's more mature) he still had a bit of that puppy look to him.
    https://imgur.com/a/7QLzfgF

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Can he be any cuter! I think NOT! What a smart boy!!! Thanks for sharing... GREAT PICTURE!!

Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  6. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Lisa - Piper was and still is so beautiful :hugs
    by the way I really love his coat :yes:

Piper's mom and Calliesmom like this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    he is pretty cute in that pic- and pretty proud:yes:

Piper's mom likes this.
  8. DianeP

DianeP Premium Member

Sep 8, 2019
    Middleton, WI
    Sounds like you have a solid training plan. Good luck! Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Diane

Calliesmom likes this.
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Thank you Diane...I have my fingers crossed. We'll have a good time no matter how he does, 4 days in a hotel away from home and no work is more vacation than I've had in years lol.

Calliesmom and HikerDog like this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    He was pretty proud lol. Sure brings back memories...our first time in the ring for Novice and he'd done good until the off leash heeling. Judge said are you ready...I said READY! Forward...I said Piper heel and off we went, or so I thought! Judge said he's not with you, I turned around and looked and he's still sitting there! I said oh chit and the judge said its ok, your still in it...call him to heel and start going. I did and he came running to heel with me but boy oh boy when you least expect it lol! Think we lost 1 point for that.

Calliesmom likes this.