Poop Chute Revisited for Dimensions

LMAO my brother had to lift her tail (good thing he lifts weights) It was like lifting a steel beam.. she didnt want her poop chute touched !!!! .

Yes, that's exactly what its like! Seemed like I needed a car jack to crank the tail up and hold it there!
 
How does she manage to get pee on her belly?

As for the poop chut, I tend to aim for just under the width of the tail....just enough for it to lie properly. I must admit, though that I don't do it often. I usually leave it the groomer, because I don't have a grooming arm. As soon as I try to lift a tail, the tail muscles seem to become bionic, and clamp firmly to the butt. I need about 6 hands to hold pup down, lift tail and do the trim.

I wish I knew Barb how she takes a pee. :lol: I don't use a grooming table. I hold Lady upside down for one, and her head goes under my arm, and she doesn't move an inch. So I clean up the pee, trim anything on her hocks that she squirted on. I brush all the time underneath her. I trim her pads, and her nails. Possibly what happens when she pees, it depends where and she wipes up the spot because she is low to the ground. Lucky is like a cat, and keeps himself clean. She doesn't care.

Now for the Chute, the husband has to help and hold the tail up while I do the trimming. Lady is really good, and she knows to stand still. I just love this little girl, but if someone ever would steal her? They would pay me to take her back for the grooming, which I don't mind cleaning and grooming her. SHE IS THE DIVA!
 
Sandstorm has not had any more dingleberries!!

Hi all-
Sandstorm has not had any more dingle berries!! We do a butt check every day, :o which is humiliating for our silly butt, but necessary.
The designated dingleberry duty is working,
:smile2:Karen
 
hmmm another new thing I am learning here. I cant say I even thought about this being a problem with long haired dogs. I am thinking, maybe crate training at bed time wouldnt be a bad idea afterall.
 
Different thread, but I think you'll find that most of us are believers in crate training. It really comes in handy when you have to bring your pup in for grooming or to the vet for tests. Having your dog being comortable in a crate, no matter the situation, is important
 
Prior to Tinsel this has never been a problem for me. Our Belgians might get some residue if they had the scoots but other than that - clean as a whistle. The westies get the whole butterfly trimmed and up the back of the tail.
Tinsel goes ape if he has a cling on. I keep sending him back out to the grass until it comes off. He does have a poop chute trimmed in by his groomer but he still gets regular "attachments". I wonder if it is the texture of the hair that makes the difference.
 
Back
Top