Potty time?

Its funny because Roxy and Kip often seem to be at similar stages developmentally:)

Kip slept through the night from day 1...but recently he's been trying to get me up earlier and earlier. With him I really don't think its a potty issue because he isn't desperate to go in the morning. I think he just wants the fun day to start! We had some early morning agility seminars, and had to get up early, and that's when the problem started. He starts whining and pacing around 5:30, but I've been ignoring it and he is getting better already. We get up around 6.

I would love to have Kip sleep in my bed, but its about 3.5 feet off the ground and I don't want him jumping that far. Maybe when he's older?

(How much does Roxy weigh now? Kip is 20.2 lbs - 7 months old)
 
Piper was quite small when he was young and I was too worried that he'd jump off the bed during the night.
Now I am one who sleeps very lightly - when I have puppies :hugs

For my GSD I pushed my bed to the wall
a dining table chair with the back to the end :wink2:

Minnie: I got her in my townhouse,
there I could not put the bed against a wall :no:

(where there is a will there is a way) :winkgrin:

I have a narrow bed - I arranged her bed at my head end
Two screenshot.38.jpg with a mattress + thick towel on the seats
at the end a chair with back to her place
tied them together and to my bed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
Its funny because Roxy and Kip often seem to be at similar stages developmentally:)

Kip slept through the night from day 1...but recently he's been trying to get me up earlier and earlier. With him I really don't think its a potty issue because he isn't desperate to go in the morning. I think he just wants the fun day to start! We had some early morning agility seminars, and had to get up early, and that's when the problem started. He starts whining and pacing around 5:30, but I've been ignoring it and he is getting better already. We get up around 6.

I would love to have Kip sleep in my bed, but its about 3.5 feet off the ground and I don't want him jumping that far. Maybe when he's older?

(How much does Roxy weigh now? Kip is 20.2 lbs - 7 months old)
I just popped her in the scale the other day and she was 20.8. At 5.5 months. :wideyed: She’s my tank. But still slim and good condition- ribs easily felt. Spine can be felt. But definitely not in a starving kind of way. More in a “I would plow through a whole bag of kibble but my mama insists on feeding me what the doctor says kind of way”

not the best pictures because of the low light and I don’t have enough hands to tempt them to be still next to each other at the same time. But you can see the size difference. Watson usually comes in around 19.8-20.2
 

Attachments

  • 63FE9752-3B3A-4BE0-B552-96E45A91C4B1.jpeg
    63FE9752-3B3A-4BE0-B552-96E45A91C4B1.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 11
  • FA658FC9-9B23-48D3-96CF-8B7182332A48.jpeg
    FA658FC9-9B23-48D3-96CF-8B7182332A48.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 12
Its funny because Roxy and Kip often seem to be at similar stages developmentally:)

Kip slept through the night from day 1...but recently he's been trying to get me up earlier and earlier. With him I really don't think its a potty issue because he isn't desperate to go in the morning. I think he just wants the fun day to start! We had some early morning agility seminars, and had to get up early, and that's when the problem started. He starts whining and pacing around 5:30, but I've been ignoring it and he is getting better already. We get up around 6.

I would love to have Kip sleep in my bed, but its about 3.5 feet off the ground and I don't want him jumping that far. Maybe when he's older?

(How much does Roxy weigh now? Kip is 20.2 lbs - 7 months old)

it’s funny you say that they seem similar developmentally even though Kip is a couple of months older. I’ve said to our trainer I feel like she’s ahead on somethings. I thought we were heading into a fear phase. For about a week and a half she refused to come up the stairs and refused to go in her crate on her own. And she acted like she was panicking over the crate. That’s over now, thankfully. But funny how they are all a little bit different in those little brains of theirs.
 
I just popped her in the scale the other day and she was 20.8. At 5.5 months. :wideyed: She’s my tank. But still slim and good condition- ribs easily felt. Spine can be felt. But definitely not in a starving kind of way. More in a “I would plow through a whole bag of kibble but my mama insists on feeding me what the doctor says kind of way”

not the best pictures because of the low light and I don’t have enough hands to tempt them to be still next to each other at the same time. But you can see the size difference. Watson usually comes in around 19.8-20.2
that's not a sheltie- it's a smooth collie :winkgrin:
 
Now I am one who sleeps very lightly - when I have puppies :hugs

For my GSD I pushed my bed to the wall
a dining table chair with the back to the end :wink2:

Minnie: I got her in my townhouse,
there I could not put the bed against a wall :no:

(where there is a will there is a way) :winkgrin:

I have a narrow bed - I arranged her bed at my head end
Two View attachment 15394 with a mattress + thick towel on the seats
at the end a chair with back to her place
tied them together and to my bed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I would've loved to see a picture of that!
But it's no wonder she doesn't like to sleep on your bed now lol it's nothing like she remembers it!
 
Roxy is super cute!
it’s funny you say that they seem similar developmentally even though Kip is a couple of months older. I’ve said to our trainer I feel like she’s ahead on somethings. I
I've heard girls are supposed to mature mentally faster, so maybe that's part of it :) One of the best developments in Kip's personality lately is that his attention span is getting longer, and his play drive is getting stronger. He focuses better in new places now. He is super fun!

I don't think Kip will get much bigger, but we'll see!
 
I would've loved to see a picture of that!
But it's no wonder she doesn't like to sleep on your bed now lol it's nothing like she remembers it!
yes, should have taken a picture. :yes:

But I was in such great sadness
after quite unexpectedly losing my GSD on Wednesday night.:cry:

I picked up Minnie on Saturday, and had absolutely not thought of
I had moved since my last puppy - and my new bed was narrow :confused2:
So the chairs were an "emergency situation" :winkgrin:

After having had time to think a little about the situation,
I built a "balcony" of a ladder wooden bookcase with a wide shelf
where the edge was only 25 cm. high :lol:

So it was a little less dominant :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
 
Back
Top