Prayers and Good Thoughts Needed for Mr. Mally

Re: Mally's Vet Appoinment

We are back from the vet's. Mally was a very good boy! Very co-operative.

The doctor drew blood for a CBC, Blood Chemistry and Thyroid Test.
He hopes to get the results back later today and will call this evening.
If not, by tomorrow for sure.

He listened to Mally's heart and lungs, both are very strong he said.

Mally's color is good. And he had a normal temperature reading.

The doctor was happy to hear that Mally's appetite is good and no problems with elimination. (he did gain almost 3 pounds since last August)

He is very interested in what the thyroid test reveals.

Thanks again, for all of your good thoughts and prayers for Mally and me.

As soon as I find out more, I will let you all know.

ps I am so glad you people are here for me to reach out to. A lot of people do
not understand loving a sheltie so. He's our boy!
 
Denise that is good news. Hopefully the tests reveal nothing serious or at least something treatable. :hugs. Please keep us posted when you get the results. I'll continue sending good thoughts your way.
 
You have my thoughts and prayers for you and your boy! I agree, MANY people don't understand the kind of love we have for our pets so it's great to have this forum.

Here's hoping the Vet has something conclusive to work with..:fl
 
I hope you get some good results but it sounds positive so far. It's awful when our shelties aren't right. I will keep you and Mally in my thoughts and prayers.:hugs
 
Another Update on Mally from the Doctor

Mally's doctor just called. All of the results did not come back, but most of them did.

He is very happy with the following test results:

Liver proteins, Kidneys, Blood Sugar, Blood Count, Electrolytes
(all these results were excellent)

The only concern he has is that the Cholesterol was somewhat elevated.
He said this can happen with hyperthyroidism in dogs. It is not 100 percent certain Mally has a problem with his thyroid, but he might.

The doctor spoke to the lab and they will have Mally's thyroid results back on Monday. Mally's doctor will then call me again about the thyroid.

Please continue to keep Mally in your thoughts and prayers.

When I hear something from the doctor on Monday, I will update again.

Thanks again to all of you.
 
Back
Top