Prayers and Good Thoughts Needed for Mr. Mally

Mally's doctor just called. All of the results did not come back, but most of them did.

He is very happy with the following test results:

Liver proteins, Kidneys, Blood Sugar, Blood Count, Electrolytes
(all these results were excellent)

The only concern he has is that the Cholesterol was somewhat elevated.
He said this can happen with hyperthyroidism in dogs. It is not 100 percent certain Mally has a problem with his thyroid, but he might.

The doctor spoke to the lab and they will have Mally's thyroid results back on Monday. Mally's doctor will then call me again about the thyroid.

Please continue to keep Mally in your thoughts and prayers.

When I hear something from the doctor on Monday, I will update again.

Thanks again to all of you.

Glad to hear Mally's test to this point are good. Crossing fingers for his thyroid panel. The signs you mention and the elevated cholestrol are very suspicious for hypothyroidism. That is an easy fix however.
 
Denise I am sorry I missed your post, I am so glad Mally's CBC came back excellent. We did dicuss possible thyroid issues our last phone conversation and I know you are worried about him and how much he means to you.

I am sending prayers all will be well with his thyroid but if it is an issue as Dr. Shelli said it is an easy fix and can be conrolled with meds.

Sending hugs to you and Mally. :hugs
 
Another Update on Mr. Mally

Mally's Thyroid Test came back Normal!

Second plan on action: the doctor wants to put Mally on an anti-infammatory medicine for one week. (short term, low dose) He recommended, Rimadyl.

He wants to see if there will be a big change in how Mally feels and acts.

If there is no difference in him, next step will be more tests, X-Rays, first.

Please continue to keep Mally in your thoughts and prayers still.

Thank you so very much.
 
Mally will stay on the prayer list, Denise. Please let us know how he does on the Rimadyl. I hope it resolves the problem and gets him back to normal!
 
Back
Top