Puppies on the way?

Puppies!!!!! work has picture sites blocked but I will have to check them out tonight :) Good luck on getting one in 10 weeks.
 
Puppies!!!!! work has picture sites blocked but I will have to check them out tonight :) Good luck on getting one in 10 weeks.

Oh, you sound like my husband. He works on the arsenal and can't ever see anything unless I email him directly!

Maybe the waiting will be easier, if it's (hopefully) filled with pictures and visits to the breeder...
 
Okay. On a related question, how often is too often to pester the breeder about the puppies? I've gone this whole time (over a week OMG) without asking anything! :eek2: Like how are they doing? How soon can I come see them? How do I know which one will possibly be mine (aka do I pick, or does the breeder)? Do any of them have white on their little faces (I love that--is that too "shallow" to ask?)

I'm trying to fill the time by adding puppy things to my Amazon wish list and by looking at other people's shelties, haha. How neurotic am I? :rolleyes2: AAAAAH!
 
I would say that depends on the breeder- Cranberry's breeder, she posted pix for me practically every week. ok- I picked him from a picture right after the pups were born but I'm pretty sure that's not how most people do it:winkgrin: and since she knew early on where he was going, I did get frequent updates.

I was in correspondence with Jocu's breeder and then actually met her at a show. so while I didn't know right away what puppy I was getting, I was looking to get one in a specific time frame so while I wanted a blue, I did ask her if any of the black puppies had a blaze and from the pix she sent me to choose from, I picked Jocu. I loved his little face. So, no real updates when he was a puppy or lots of puppy pix there. less than 2 weeks from picking him to getting him at 8 weeks.https://jocubiblack.shutterfly.com/pictures/16

Destin, well, his breeder sent me pix every week even though I wasn't getting a puppy then. They were close enough for me to go visit and help socialize the pups. He was the one that I would have picked if I was in the market for a puppy then. and when at 3 months, it looked like he was going to be small and he was still available, I caved in and brought him home:cool1:
 
My breeder said that I didn't drive her crazy with Cooper, but I think she was just being nice. I waited until a few days after the due date to call to see if they had been born, and if any were boys, and if one of the boys might be mine. I didn't care about color, and didn't require a blaze (Thank goodness, since Cooper barely has one). I love blazes, but since Annabelle and Tara have one already, I can live without it.

I would say you can call now. See how the breeder reacts. If it's positive, then ask her how often you can call. Also a call now shows you are really interested. And you can ask if there are any new pictures, and about faces. Although from the photo you posted, it looks like at least one and maybe two of the tri's have a blaze. And the merle DEFINITELY has one. And one of the tri's has a small blaze that might stay but might go away.
 
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one to ask about markings. I feel so shallow, but the white on the face makes them look roguish or something. Like, it complements their little personalities.

I loved his little face.

I can see why, what an adorable boy!

My breeder said that I didn't drive her crazy with Cooper, but I think she was just being nice. I waited until a few days after the due date to call to see if they had been born, and if any were boys, and if one of the boys might be mine. I didn't care about color, and didn't require a blaze (Thank goodness, since Cooper barely has one). I love blazes, but since Annabelle and Tara have one already, I can live without it.

I would say you can call now. See how the breeder reacts. If it's positive, then ask her how often you can call. Also a call now shows you are really interested. And you can ask if there are any new pictures, and about faces. Although from the photo you posted, it looks like at least one and maybe two of the tri's have a blaze. And the merle DEFINITELY has one. And one of the tri's has a small blaze that might stay but might go away.

I did the same thing. I waited until right after the due date and then couldn't stand it anymore, haha!

It's hard to tell much from the pic I posted. I ended up caving in and messaging her last night on Facebook. She said she was trying to wait until their eyes opened. She did say that she thinks they all have white on the face. She is SO busy, I feel guilty every time I ask her anything. That's probably just me, she has been very nice every time I've contacted her.

I'm open to the merle (if he doesn't have blue eyes--I prefer brown) but I'm pretty sure she'll be wanting to keep him if he even looks like he might grow into show quality. I asked her for a tri right up front anyway, though, so I'm happy either way. As long as it's the right puppy!

You were right about the wait, Missy! It's very hard :(
 
I was pretty honest with my breeders from the get-go. I had a million questions, and I asked them at every turn! I figure a breeder likes someone who is 1) super serious about a puppy 2) eager to learn 3) excited! And if they didn't like my emails and questions, then it probably wouldn't be a good match because I've kept that up for the life of my dogs!
 
Back
Top