Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Question on colors

Discussion in 'Sheltie Colors' started by Deb118, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deb118

Deb118 Forums Regular

Dec 8, 2008
    THANK YOU!
    And here are links to Belle and Chopper's Pedigree

http://www.akc.org/cgi-bin/store/vi...3ECAD1E2E425274C071CF90BA20BCF&txn_id=4047073

http://www.akc.org/cgi-bin/store/vi...3ECAD1E2E425274C071CF90BA20BCF&txn_id=4047060

Also, I did the calculator and came up with everything I have.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    your female is a tri no?

3. Narmowen

Narmowen Forums Enthusiast

May 20, 2008
    Look at your girls pedigree. Tri color to a blue merle. No sable in there. Sable is a Dominant color, so she's definitely tri-based. She's NOT a sable merle. She's most likely a blue merle.

Cryptic blue merle is the only option, with her producing double merle puppies.

4. Cheje-Lyn

Cheje-Lyn Forums Regular

Apr 13, 2008
    Northeast TN
    Just a question, because I may have missed it, but what was the reason behind breeding these two dogs? Was it an accident? I'm just curious, because there is nothing that jumps out as being spectacular in the pedigrees or the photos, plus nothing shows where OFA or any testing has been done at all, minus two with DNA numbers. Yeah, there are a few champions in those pedigrees, but not many. :confused2: I'm not saying they aren't nice pets, but I can't see a reason to purposely breed these two unless money was the only desire...UNLESS it was an accident.

5. jazzyfizzle

jazzyfizzle Forums Enthusiast

Apr 3, 2008
    CA

Goodness, which one was that??? :rolleyes2:

6. Deb118

Deb118 Forums Regular

Dec 8, 2008
    Do you have children? If you do, what was the reason? Do you have royalty in your family tree?

7. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    It's official...this thread is now closed.

I understand & appreciate all the passion for the Sheltie & making the breed better. I’m sure all of us 100% agree with that sentiment.

You have all done your best to inform Deb & persuade her to have the pups DNA tested to remove all doubt. It does not sound like she wishes to do this.

We should all thank Deb for posting her question because it sparked a “spirited” conversation over a complicated topic.

Now that you all have had a time out, keep the snark out of other threads in this forum! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.