Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Rest in Peace Chance

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by ruckusluvr, Sep 30, 2008.

1. JessicaR

JessicaR Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2008
    Tiffin Ohio
    I am so sorry for your loss. he was a beautiful dog, and I bet his time with you was happiest he had ever been.

2. terdonal

terdonal Forums Enthusiast

Apr 9, 2008
    Maple Ridge. BC
    You did everything you could and I am sure Chance would not trade his time with you for anything. It is never easy for those of us who love our fur kids.

We lost our girl 3 weeks ago and the pain of missing her everyday is as strong as ever.

I feel your pain as do so many others here and their words have helped a lot.

3. Esmiles04

Esmiles04 Forums Enthusiast

Sep 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Rucksluvr, I cannot even imagine how hard this must be. Our furbabies become not only our children, but our best friends as well. They are always there for us as you were for Chance. You have the biggest heart and did the best thing you could by even getting him out the shelter for even a little. To have let him lived for even that long, especially since he came from a kill shelter was the greatest gift you could ever give him. It is because of people like you that animals get another chance and my hat goes off to you.

4. sylvia

sylvia Forums Enthusiast

Thank God, There is angels like you in this world, that give themselves to help an animal to know the joys of life even for a few months.
    You should feel very happy that you did what you could for this wonderful dog.
    Keep all the happy memories
    Sylvia & our 4 shelties.

5. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Oh dear! I can barely see to type because I'm tearing up so bad.

I know you think that there is always something more you coulda, shoulda done (I know I have that guilt with Timber), but in reality, his time had come. He will be waiting for you on Rainbow Bridge, rest assured. In the meantime, you have Ruckus who needs and loves you too. Enjoy him every hour, every minute. He's lucky to have you too!

6. fltmedic03

fltmedic03 Forums Regular

Feb 25, 2008
    Outer Banks, NC
    Ruckus & Chance

I know it is easy to brow beat yourself with "what if's", I have done that when we recently (9-10-08) lost our Jack suddenly at 5 yrs old (Pancreatic Cancer). But I also truely believe that a higher power places those special babies, both human and fur, with the people who will love, cherish and make the limited time they have special and full of love. And at the end of our journey with them we find that we are better for it. To quote a movie line" I'd rather have a moment of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special"

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

7. PennyInGA

PennyInGA Forums Regular

Jun 25, 2008
    Georgia
    What a good soul you are. You made Chance the happiest boy by giving him a wonderful, loving home. It's awfully hard to let them go, but rest assured, he knew how loved he was while he was with you.

8. Hugo

Hugo Forums Regular

Feb 25, 2008
    Canada
    Oh man is this sad.

:no:

Someone probably got fed up with his infection and simply threw him away like a dirty sock, whereas you took him under your wing, tried the best and made him feel special.

There is a place in heaven for people like you.

You did all you could for your little buddy.