Sandyann - Tri-Color Sheltie - Age 13 1/2

Our sympathies to you and your family for the loss of Sandyann. We've all lost dear fur babies and share your pain today.
 
My sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your beloved Sandyann.

It's so hard to let go, but you alleviated any further suffering by having her put to sleep. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of your children someday end up with a Sheltie because of their wonderful memories of Sandyann.

Many here have been in your shoes and have felt the pain of loss. She'll never be forgotten, but in time you will be able to think about her and smile.
 
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sandyann was lucky to have such a brave and loving family. The fact that it wasn't easy to let her go is a demonstration of your devotion. The fact that you did proves your love.
 
My sympathy to you and your family. How blessed you were to have your Sandyann for so long. I recently lost a beloved sheltie Katie to lymphoma and know how hard it is to let go...oh so hard. Sandyann is now free of the pain and suffers no more and one day you will open up your heart again.
 
A Welcome at the Bridge

Our hearts go out to you and your family over the loss of your dear Sandyann.

There are many of our pups waiting at the Rainbow Bridge to play with her, she'll find a warm welcome there while she waits.

Our Cleveland left us for the bridge in July, and we still miss him sorely.

Thank you, Scott for staying with her and we are here for all of you when you need a shoulder to lean on.

Peace be with you.
 
I'm so sorry for your loss. At least you can be sure that she is no longer suffering, but waiting happily for you to join her one day at the rainbow bridge
 
Sandyann

I'm sorry for your loss of Sandyann,I went thru the same thing with my pal "Bobby" on 3/23/09.He had been struggling with CHF for two years before his brave heart finally gave out.His chronic coughing from fluid in his lungs was heartbreaking to listen too.It got to the point where my vet said it's time to let him go.He was right of course but I'll never forget the look in Bobby's eye's when the vet give him his final shot:(I've had 5 dogs during my life 1 Collie & 4 Shelties,it has never gotten any easier when the time to let them go comes.My wife & I have often said after one of the dogs has gone to the bridge Lets not go thru that again.That being said my new Sheltie "Cole" is laying at my feet while I'm posting this message.:smile2:Cody,Wendy & Cole
P.S-I have the ashes of all my dogs & intend to take them with me when my time comes for that final walk over the bridge into eternity
 
Sandyann - 02/16/1996 - 09/21/2009

Sad to see another loved sheltie go and leave the loving home. 13 1/2 is not bad though, mine was only 11 when she died of Liver cancer. Are you going to Creamate the animal and keep the ashes. I kept my last dog's ashes and still have them.......

Yes, we have made arrangements with the Aberdeen Animal Hospital in Des Plaines, IL. to have her creamated. It will be about (2) weeks before we get her remains. My son, Scott will be contacted on when he is to pick up her ashes.

We plan on dividing her ashes among our family.

Thank you for your wonderful thoughts.

Sincerely,

Deb Wells
Rockford, IL.
 
Sandyann - Thanks everyone

Thank you everyone for all of your prayers and thoughts for me and my family. It is nice to know that we are never alone with our losses.

May God bless each and everyone of you.

Thank you again. It has helped me during this past week to know that you all care.

Love,
Deb Wells
Rockford, IL.
 
You are comforting.

I'm sorry for your loss of Sandyann,I went thru the same thing with my pal "Bobby" on 3/23/09.He had been struggling with CHF for two years before his brave heart finally gave out.His chronic coughing from fluid in his lungs was heartbreaking to listen too.It got to the point where my vet said it's time to let him go.He was right of course but I'll never forget the look in Bobby's eye's when the vet give him his final shot:(I've had 5 dogs during my life 1 Collie & 4 Shelties,it has never gotten any easier when the time to let them go comes.My wife & I have often said after one of the dogs has gone to the bridge Lets not go thru that again.That being said my new Sheltie "Cole" is laying at my feet while I'm posting this message.:smile2:Cody,Wendy & Cole
P.S-I have the ashes of all my dogs & intend to take them with me when my time comes for that final walk over the bridge into eternity

You, and your wife are so sweet. Yes, it is very hard to put down the dogs. When I was growing up in Chicago, IL. we had a male Collie, named Sparky. He lived about 13 years. Had to put him down when I was 15 - 1969 from Cancer of the nose. Very hard for us. Especially my Dad.

It is great you guys had 1 Collie and 4 Shelties. I have only had the 1 Collie and 1 Sheltie.

My son, Scott (22) told me last night that he wants to get another female sheltie in a few months. He is going to try and talk his Dad into it. We do not live together. Scott lives with his Dad in Des Plaines, IL. and I live with my new husband in Rockford, IL. I have a Beagle/Bassett Hound age (6) female - and a Jack Russell/Mutt - female - (3).

Sandyann was given to myself and the kids (Stephanie - 26 - Scott - 22) years ago - 1996 from my ex-husband - Tom for our 20th Wedding Anniversay. I lived with Sandyann till end of 2001. Then moved out. So, Sandyann is very special to me. I will miss her, terribly.

We have made arrangements to have her cremated. Will divide the ashes up among our family, when they arrive at the Vet in Des Plaines, IL.

Thank you again for your kind words. Say hi to your Sheltie for me.

Sincerely,

Deb Wells
Rockford, IL.
 
Back
Top