Sebolux

ZORROIZUP

Forums Novice
My male sheltie is now 11 years of age and has Thyroid proplems and has been loosing his coat. We took him to the vet and they have him on Thyroid medication. They seem to have stabolized him and he has lost some weight and has alot of energy. He acts like a 2 or 3 year old again. This part is fantastic, however, he keeps loosing his coat. So bad he looks like he has been going thru kemo. He has been geting scales on his skin as well. We took him back and they prescibed Sebolux medicated shampoo. Is there anyone out there in the forum that more experience than I and can help with this matter? Can I purchase this or something elso locally in one of are local pet supply stores? Thank you in advance.
John
 
Usually a vet will carry this shampoo. I guess maybe your vet didn't have any. Have you checked the internet ?
 
Support

Thank you for your support and insight. I have check online and have found the sebolux. I have purchased it and had it overnighted. I will start with the bathing this evening.
I will also check out the Dr's website and will contact her.

Thank you again,
John
 
You may want to contact Dr Jean Dodds. Many of us on the forum have talked to her and she is very helpful. She also recently wrote a book The Canine Thyrod Epidemic. She is wonderful and always willing to offer help.

http://www.hemopet.org/about-us/our-people.html

I second this one! Dr. Dodds helped me out a lot when my setter was Hypothyroid. ONce we got his numbers stable, his coat grew back, but it took time.

I also supplemented him for awhile with fish oil and coconut oil. Coconut oil is supposed to be great for balancing out the thyroid. Give it a google :wink2:

Good luck!
Dani
 
If the dogs skin is truly that bad, then bathe in Lemon Joy to lift out all the dead skin (it foams nicely and helps get the skin out), then bathe in a tar shampoo. The Sebolux looks fine for that.

If the coat is thin, there isn't a lot you can do until it grows back in. Don't bath more than once a month or so though, because stripping out the oils (which the lemon joy will do) too frequently doesn't help. It's a fine balance between getting out the icky dead skin and over-shampooing.
 
I'm a big fan of salmon, either as

1) treats

2) main protein ingredient

3) salmon oil added to food

I've noticed that Bacca's coat has gotten a little dry so I'm going to start trying either 1 or 3 on him.
 
Back
Top