Seriously-WTH were you thinking?!?!

I don't think so, only the puppies were made mentioned that they were "different".

I'm betting a puppymill/BYB'er (unscrupulous, of course) thought that by docking the tails, they would be cuter and thus, can charge a premium for them...kinda like those "mini-shelties" I see advertised from time to time. :mad:
 
Just a thought, Did the so called breeder admit to docking them? Some shelties now days have really short tails and they might looked docked in small pups. I saw one sheltie at a show who's tail was short it couldn't have been more than 3in long under its hair(barely went to mid-thigh at the tip of the hair):no: Of course, if the white is missing you know what happened.:mad:
 
When I was working in Australia, many many years ago, i had recently started working for this real bast...not nice guy.
I was in the back when he came back with a box of 3 day old white poodle pups,brought in for tails (we thought) and dewclaws, and he asked me if I wanted to do it.
I said ' You know - whenever you dock tails owners always complain - too long or too short... as I'm new here I'd rather pass until i get to know clients and establish some trust.' He said sure.
So he docks and snips and brings the box back out.... and we hear screaming from the far end of the hospital.
He comes back, his face ashen.
And I say to him, 'Well, which was it this time - too long or too short?'
And he replies, in shock, ' Maltese terriers.' - Dr. Mac
 
When I was working in Australia, many many years ago, i had recently started working for this real bast...not nice guy.
I was in the back when he came back with a box of 3 day old white poodle pups,brought in for tails (we thought) and dewclaws, and he asked me if I wanted to do it.
I said ' You know - whenever you dock tails owners always complain - too long or too short... as I'm new here I'd rather pass until i get to know clients and establish some trust.' He said sure.
So he docks and snips and brings the box back out.... and we hear screaming from the far end of the hospital.
He comes back, his face ashen.
And I say to him, 'Well, which was it this time - too long or too short?'
And he replies, in shock, ' Maltese terriers.' - Dr. Mac

Did I understand right? :eek2: He docked the tails of some Maltese?!
 
When I was working in Australia, many many years ago, i had recently started working for this real bast...not nice guy.
I was in the back when he came back with a box of 3 day old white poodle pups,brought in for tails (we thought) and dewclaws, and he asked me if I wanted to do it.
I said ' You know - whenever you dock tails owners always complain - too long or too short... as I'm new here I'd rather pass until i get to know clients and establish some trust.' He said sure.
So he docks and snips and brings the box back out.... and we hear screaming from the far end of the hospital.
He comes back, his face ashen.
And I say to him, 'Well, which was it this time - too long or too short?'
And he replies, in shock, ' Maltese terriers.' - Dr. Mac
YIKES!!! So, I guess there wasn't any charge for the dewclaws.
 
Puppies today!!!!

Justicemom-yes the "owner" did admit to docking the tails...that's why they are with our rescue now...LOL...

I've playfully said that I want to dock the tail of my border collie/st bernard mix I have but that's only because his tail is the perfect height to sweep everything off my coffee table and there has been no shortage of liquid spills. Then again, it would come in handy during cleaning day! I've said I was going to tape a paint brush to his tail and put him to good use! :lol:

I get the puppies today around 3pm! Let the fun (and chaos) begin!!!!
 
When I was working in Australia, many many years ago, i had recently started working for this real bast...not nice guy.
I was in the back when he came back with a box of 3 day old white poodle pups,brought in for tails (we thought) and dewclaws, and he asked me if I wanted to do it.
I said ' You know - whenever you dock tails owners always complain - too long or too short... as I'm new here I'd rather pass until i get to know clients and establish some trust.' He said sure.
So he docks and snips and brings the box back out.... and we hear screaming from the far end of the hospital.
He comes back, his face ashen.
And I say to him, 'Well, which was it this time - too long or too short?'
And he replies, in shock, ' Maltese terriers.' - Dr. Mac

That is horrible :mad:
 
Back
Top