Shadow Running The Baseball Diamond

That is so cool the way he ran the bases. When does he pick up a bat or ball and glove? He would make a great addition to any ball team. I can just picture him tagging someone out at home base.
 
Well yeah, he just has to play chase! Of course, if he's anything like Duncan, he doesn't tag out. Instead, he just barks at you, just out of arm's reach.

I love how he is so ready to steal the next base!
 
Way to go Shadow! He's better at running the bases than me. Can he bat and catch the ball? We could use another player on my softball team. :wink2:
 
Shadow is absolutely amazing!!! That will be my goal for Koji. I'm assuming you're standing on the pitchers mound? But the real question is, can he field the ball too? Oh wait, he's a Sheltie of course he can!!!!

Thanks for sharing that with us Sharon!! It was well worth the wait. And thanks for getting it uploaded too...I hope I was able to help you get them onto your computer.
 
Shadow

Shadow is absolutely amazing!!! That will be my goal for Koji. I'm assuming you're standing on the pitchers mound? But the real question is, can he field the ball too? Oh wait, he's a Sheltie of course he can!!!!

Thanks for sharing that with us Sharon!! It was well worth the wait. And thanks for getting it uploaded too...I hope I was able to help you get them onto your computer.

yes, your help was most helpful and appreciative.I was standing on the mound and that is what made it difficult to film. It is easy to teach. I have use the word Touch with him for training many things.
 
wow, nice distance work!!! Do you use hand signal to direct him to the next base, how does he know which direction... or is it how your shoulders are turned?
Did you have a target lid on it the bases at first?
Target or touch really is one of the most useful things I have ever taught Toffee yet.. Wouldn't have been thinking about it if it wasn't for all you agility guys and your help :)
All of a sudden you think.. oh wait maybe I COULD do this with my dog and then the sky is the limit, that is what I love about this forum :)
 
Shadow

wow, nice distance work!!! Do you use hand signal to direct him to the next base, how does he know which direction... or is it how your shoulders are turned?
Did you have a target lid on it the bases at first?
Target or touch really is one of the most useful things I have ever taught Toffee yet.. Wouldn't have been thinking about it if it wasn't for all you agility guys and your help :)
All of a sudden you think.. oh wait maybe I COULD do this with my dog and then the sky is the limit, that is what I love about this forum :)

It is all voice command.I think from doing it over and over again he gets it.I just baited the bases and told him to touch it.We did it at all the bases. Then I would back up a few feet and send him to the base and keep doing it.
 
Back
Top