Sheltie Breeders

Fingers and paws crossed that it works out for everyone! Thanks to all involved in trying to rescue Destiny!
 
Oh My, where tto start. We left Jacksonville, Early this morning and drove the 260 miles to Bradenton. Arrivoing there no one was home however another lady pulled up in her car and said that she was the breeder and that the owner did not have the right to sell the dog to me as in the contract she had when she purchased Destiny as a pup, it stated that if she could not keep the dog, it was to be retuned to the breeder. That if we had purchased the dog it would have amounted to kidnapping...OK. So anyway, we waited around a bit and listeend to the poor dog crying and barking behind the door. Finally, I called the Owner and she told me that she decided not to sell the dog anyway. The breeder is all upset that the dog is being kept in a small trailer all day long but nothing that she can really do about it. Nothing much we could do either so we came on home...560 miles round trip. So anyway, thanks for the tip Sharon, I appreciate what you were doing but I should have been much more cautious about the dog being offered on Craiglist. We are just going to back off on things for a bit now but still hope to have a Sheltie in our future.

Phil and Jane
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Phil and Jane, my heart just breaks for you both. Here you were in a rescue mission to help poor Destiny and had to be caught up in such a terrible circumstance!

Yes, I have purchased from breeders and also from rescues... they ALL have a clause in the contract the stipulates the dog must be returned and the breeder has first option to rehome.

That said, poor Destiny is the loser in all this in the end! How horrible... all you wanted to do is help!

Sharon, thanks for trying to help! I feel just awful for poor Destiny. No dog should be locked up in a crate of a trailer... I wish the breeder had done her homework on the purchaser... now it is too late... I know everything happens for a reason. Hard to wrap my head around it in this situation...

God bless you for trying...
 
OMG Phil and Jane, I could not be more sorry! For you and your futile drive - that's a long, long way in a day. For this puppy who is obviously owned by an uncaring, flaky, and dishonest person. I fervently hope and pray that the owner simply gives the dog back to the breeder, but maybe they want the money. So incredibly sad on every level.

I'm sorry it ended this way and I hope you are able to find the right dog to adopt. Thank you for making a HUGE effort to adopt Destiny. :((
 
That is a reputable show breeder too. I am
So Sorry for your waste of time and energy and hopes ... and with our encouragement. This just makes
Me so mad on several
Levels.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the concern everyone. The worst part of the whole ordeal was not the long drive, or not even that we did not get the poor Sheltie but that we had to listen to her crying and barking behind the door for almost 30 minutes. It was hard to leave her knowing that she is left alone all day long.. Poor girl. We can only hope that the owners do the right thing and return Destiny to the breeder.
 
Back
Top