labgirl
Forums Sage
I'm not against you getting a sheltie, though I do agree with the points made. But one thing I was thinking - how allergic is you mum?
Dog hair spreads, especially sheltie fur. It goes everywhere because it gets on your clothes and drifts. Just keeping the dog downstairs will not prevent that, and I assume your mum comes downstairs?
It is not the hair as such, but the dander a dog produces and that can get in the Hoover, etc.
I would suggest before you do anything you test your mum with shelties and see how she reacts. I know someone who is seriously allergic to cavalier King Charles spaniels, but is fine with Labradors and Goldies.
There is nothing worse than getting a dog and discovering someone in your household is allergic to them.
(BTW forget the floors, bung down rugs and have your dog with you, its best that way
)
Dog hair spreads, especially sheltie fur. It goes everywhere because it gets on your clothes and drifts. Just keeping the dog downstairs will not prevent that, and I assume your mum comes downstairs?
It is not the hair as such, but the dander a dog produces and that can get in the Hoover, etc.
I would suggest before you do anything you test your mum with shelties and see how she reacts. I know someone who is seriously allergic to cavalier King Charles spaniels, but is fine with Labradors and Goldies.
There is nothing worse than getting a dog and discovering someone in your household is allergic to them.
(BTW forget the floors, bung down rugs and have your dog with you, its best that way
)