ClantyreSheltie
Forums Sage
What should i feed him. Beefbwith vegs and chicken with string beans? Doesn't like his grain free kibble ( fish)
Is that kibble or real meat? Get rid of the veg. You want to simplify.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
What should i feed him. Beefbwith vegs and chicken with string beans? Doesn't like his grain free kibble ( fish)
When I was about 10 years old my parents bought me a 2 year old cocker spaniel from the local shelter. It turned out that she had distemper - vaccinations were not a usual thing back then and many people did not vaccinate. Anyway, my mom really liked the dog and so she was treated at great financial cost. After a lot of TLC she regained her strength but the vet advised waiting to give her her rabies shot right away because of all that she had gone through. My neighbour had a scottie. One day, as I was outside playing with Blondie, the scottie attacked her out of the blue and left deep bite wounds to her face and neck. We cleaned them up and thought that all would be okay. The scottie, it turned out, was rabid. It wasn't too long before our Blondie started showing signs of muscle weakness. I remember my dad tying her up downstairs, the humane society coming to get her. Two men with catch poles took her out of our house and took her away. The autopsy of the brain showed that she too was rabid. I'm 58 years old now. I can see it all today as well as I saw it that day. While I don't give vaccines all at once, nor do I give more than core vaccines, I do give the rabies every 3 years. It might be a risk but better than risking my family, friends or pets. When and if they come up with a better methodology to prevent this disease I will follow the new protocol but until then I have to consider the safety of everyone and everything that comes into contact with my furry friends.
. It seems no matter what you and I and others say here on the Forum and no matter what facts we point out, there will be the nay sayers against vaccinating.Thank you thank you thank you! That event had to have been traumatizing for the entire family. It seems no matter what you and I and others say here on the Forum and no matter what facts we point out, there will be the nay sayers against vaccinating.
Yes, that experience is awful and very, very sad, However, for every story that comes out where a shot could have helped, we could pull one out where a vaccine did the opposite and killed the dog. Sadly, story swapping doesn't prove much. It's science we have to look to. Also, pretty much everyone supports core vaccines (how many doses is up for debate) and one rabies shot (or whatever your law is if you feel you must follow that) I'm not suggesting you should never test your dog's antibodies to make sure, down the road, they are still covered for parvo/distemper etc. There's no reason, that if someone doubts their dog has the antibodies and wants to vaccinate, they can't titer them first to check and see. I'm promoting a better/safer, yes more expensive, but in the end healthier option of titer then vaccinate if need be. I'm not saying NEVER EVER EVER vaccinate a dog. Take the time to really explore why the other side (IF you're going to bash it) thinks the way they do. I'm not insisting everyone do that b/c you know what? Some people don't care about this subject. And that's fine. But if you're going to say things such as those nay sayers blah blah blah then really look at what they're saying. Core vaccines (I think only one/titer/another if needed) and the rabies, yes, every three years if it's the law and you're worried. That's what most people support. That's what the lady who had the awful experience(so sorry!) said she does! Just READ PAY ATTENTION. I didn't e-mail you this in private b/c I didn't want you to think I'm attacking you or something, but seriously, just open your eyes and really read what people are saying.. yes, it's different than everything you've heard probably, but if you're going to say we're wrong, you need to be edcuated enough on the subject to tell me why, not just you're opinion, it's good to vaccinate multiple vaccines in one dose/multiple vaccines over a life time when a simple test can prove antibodies.
Maggie if you have anything else to say to me personally in regards to vaccinating, please do so privately!