So important to scan Sheltie gallbladders

Your vet must have the U/S there on site? This is a mobile service that comes in - NOT cheap!

Scary thing that I've been reading about for years....
I had Piper in yesterday and when I asked about the ultrasound my vet told me they now used this mobile service and that it was almost $500! Expensive and I’d do it if there was an issue but fortunately the other vet who used to do the ultrasounds is willing to scan Piper’s gallbladder and liver for $125. A much more reasonable price and makes the $500 easier to swallow if it’s needed.
He goes in next Tuesday.
 
Well Teddy now gets to take Ursodiol 300 mg. Vet said saw some sludge but he wants to be proactive. Will have another Ultra Sound in 6 months. Asked if we should have surgery and was told not yet. All his blood work was normal.
So a mixed bag for me ..

On the Vets Old machine Teddy was fine..
 
Last edited:
Back
Top