Socializing during COVID? Suggestions?

I have a CD of sounds - horns, airplanes, thunder, babies crying, doorbells - drove my husband crazy but as a mom of 3 (now grown) I guess I am pretty good at blocking things out - didn't fizz me. Sometimes I still play it for Brodie. I can look it up, probably got it from Amazon, if you are interested.
 
If I could do one thing over again, I would have spent a lot more time on sounds. He is great with everything else, but he has too many issues with some everyday sounds.
I felt the same way with Deska. Sociable, happy, friendly and obedient but extremely sound reactive. Did not spend enough time on sounds and I think with some Shelties being sound sensitive it's really important.
 
We’ll be picking up this little guy at the end of August. I am already collecting training info and shopping lists while thinking about socializing I was trying to come up with some COVID friendly ideas. we have a few local breweries which have outdoor seating and of course the hardware stores, the beach and PetSmart (after shots). What else can you guys think of for social stuff during these crazy times?
Puppy class! I don't know about your area and covid, but classes opened up where I am. Stores and the beaches are good starts!
 
Back
Top