spay day

It bothers us more than it does them. I went through it over a year ago spring with Emma and late last year with Liam. I gave up on trying to keep them quiet - nothing worked.
 
Gave them a call everything went well she's all doped up and groggy. I get to pick her up tomorrow but due to class schedules It probably wont be till close to 5 :(

Hopefully she makes a new best friend there to keep her company overnight and during the day. I'm hoping she just bounces back Im going to be super nervous to do anything with her and make sure she doesnt injure herself.
 
Awwhhhh......My Sadie was spayed in August and yes, it was very hard. We can't help but worry about them though. She will heal very quickly and be her NORMAL bouncy energetic self within a couple of days. As everyone has said, GOOD LUCK keeping her quiet!!!!!!!:lol::lol:
 
Last edited:
have people noticed a difference in their dogs after spaying? energy or personality wise. online dog websites say that there could be a change just wondering if people have noticed a difference with their dogs??
 
Not in our case! Kyara was still her energetic, happy, goofy but still stranger shy self. I don't really believe spaying changes much of your dog... they say to watch out for weight gain after though.

Good luck with keeping the little one from jumping and running for the next week or so. :smile2: I'm glad it all went well!
 
have people noticed a difference in their dogs after spaying? energy or personality wise. online dog websites say that there could be a change just wondering if people have noticed a difference with their dogs??

Nope--nothin'. Lexi was just as crazy after as she was before! :lol:

How's Luna today?
 
have people noticed a difference in their dogs after spaying? energy or personality wise. online dog websites say that there could be a change just wondering if people have noticed a difference with their dogs??

Long term? No Precious is pretty much the same as she was then. Maybe a bit more outgoing since that was when we did a lot of socialization and all the doggy, human, environment scenarios made her a lot more confident with the unknown... so it's hard to say if it was a good or bad experience or spay. But mmm, like everyone else, no change here! Precious WAS really tired though for the first few days and slept a lot with her coney :D If I wanted to take it off, she'd try to lick her stitches every now and then and I Didn't want that while the sem looked still raw. I had it on for atleast 3 or 4 days on and off depending on if I could watch her like a hawk or was doing homework. I took it off while we slept though :P You must post pictures of Luna and her cone!!!!! hahahaha
 
Back
Top