They actually didn't give her a cone because shes a girl?? I thought that was weird but apparently since the stitches were internal that it wasn't necessary just keep an eye on her. her incision is pretty center of her belly so I dont even know how she would be able to lick it anyways but we are definitely discouraging it. I can tell shes a bit agitated I think its itchy or something because she keeps running in circles and trying to bite her butt/legs .
Right now she is bugging the cat by biting his tail while he drinks. So i think she feels pretty good. Shes a little more tired and definitely a little more grumpy I just gave her some medication and I think thats alleviating some pain. I am glad they didn't have to shave her at all. I am just glad that she is home. and not in the scary metal kennel anymore. She came home and ate 2 big bowls of food so I think she was refusing to eat while at the vet. I tried to look at it last night and got a growl but she eventually was cool with me looking. It turns she STILL has coccidia though so it just won't freaking go away. They gave me stronger medication so hopefully that eliminates that damn parasite. I am thinking it might be why she isn't that big yet from a comment by someone else on the forums how when the coccidia was gone their puppy shot up in growth.
Anyways shes acting normal, and the cut looks clean and tiny so I think shes almost already forgotten about it. Now it will just be keeping her from acting like a crazy person... Me and the BF were cringing everytime she jumped up or off the couch last night and shes being a little more cautious with that stuff but I still try and lift her on and off right now. gives me the heebyjeebies
Right now she is bugging the cat by biting his tail while he drinks. So i think she feels pretty good. Shes a little more tired and definitely a little more grumpy I just gave her some medication and I think thats alleviating some pain. I am glad they didn't have to shave her at all. I am just glad that she is home. and not in the scary metal kennel anymore. She came home and ate 2 big bowls of food so I think she was refusing to eat while at the vet. I tried to look at it last night and got a growl but she eventually was cool with me looking. It turns she STILL has coccidia though so it just won't freaking go away. They gave me stronger medication so hopefully that eliminates that damn parasite. I am thinking it might be why she isn't that big yet from a comment by someone else on the forums how when the coccidia was gone their puppy shot up in growth.
Anyways shes acting normal, and the cut looks clean and tiny so I think shes almost already forgotten about it. Now it will just be keeping her from acting like a crazy person... Me and the BF were cringing everytime she jumped up or off the couch last night and shes being a little more cautious with that stuff but I still try and lift her on and off right now. gives me the heebyjeebies

