Straight or folded ears?

Thanks, I just ordered it. Shipping wasn't cheap $6.00 for a roll of tape?

I hold the title for the worst ear gluer / taper so don't try to take away my title. I'm watching you! :razz:

This, boys and girls, is how NOT to tip ears.

No Fluffs were harmed in the making of this post.
 
Last edited:
I hold the title for the worst ear gluer / taper so don't try to take away my title. I'm watching you! :razz:

This, boys and girls, is how NOT to tip ears.

No Fluffs were harmed in the making of this post.

hahahaha, is that Fluff? She doesn't look like she really likes it. I'll post some pictures up as soon as I get my tape in and take Daisy's ears.

BTW, how do I remove the tape? Just pull lightly? or do i need to buy some sort of remover?
 
BTW, how do I remove the tape? Just pull lightly? or do i need to buy some sort of remover?

The best thing for us was a product called Zo-eze. I ordered it from amazon.com. It just dissolves the adhesive on the tape which is quite nice when you have to try several times to get it right! :lol:
 
The best thing for us was a product called Zo-eze. I ordered it from amazon.com. It just dissolves the adhesive on the tape which is quite nice when you have to try several times to get it right! :lol:

Are all these adhesive remover gentle on skin and will not cause irritation? I know that some of these products might be hash on skin.

So when I tape Daisy's ears I will leave it taped until I bath her? Or just leave the tape on and just wipe her face with wet cloth?
 
Are all these adhesive remover gentle on skin and will not cause irritation? I know that some of these products might be hash on skin.

So when I tape Daisy's ears I will leave it taped until I bath her? Or just leave the tape on and just wipe her face with wet cloth?

Zo-eze didn't seem to irritate Lexi's ears, so I assume that it's okay.

I would leave Daisy's ears taped as long as possible :) As long as they don't get drenched, the tape probably won't come out by just getting a little wet.
 
Zo-eze didn't seem to irritate Lexi's ears, so I assume that it's okay.

I would leave Daisy's ears taped as long as possible :) As long as they don't get drenched, the tape probably won't come out by just getting a little wet.

Great thanks for the info. I will keep you guys updated on the Daisy's ear taping.
 
When I got Trax we glued his ears immediately. His ears were glued off and on for the first 13 months of his life and then we finally gave up. Now he has one up and one down most of the time. When he's super relaxed both tip and when he's around an agility course he gets his "crazy bat ears" and both stand up :winkgrin:

We glued Maverick's ears right away as well and his have been perfectly tipped until a few weeks ago when one started going rogue on us. It's tipped most of the time but occasionally it sticks up so to be safe I glued it down again and will keep the glue on for a few more weeks.
 
Whatever remover you get, be sure you DON'T get the STR adhesive remover from Cherrybrook. You see how greasy Fluff looks? That's the reason why - the adhesive remover I was using was waaay too greasy! That's when I switched to another kind.

This is what it looks like:
http://www.cherrybrook.com/index.cf...id/369616/vname/STR_Adhesive_Remover_4oz_pump

If you use that brand your dog will still be greasy no matter how many shampoos you use to try to get it out!
 
Whatever remover you get, be sure you DON'T get the STR adhesive remover from Cherrybrook. You see how greasy Fluff looks? That's the reason why - the adhesive remover I was using was waaay too greasy! That's when I switched to another kind.

This is what it looks like:
http://www.cherrybrook.com/index.cf...id/369616/vname/STR_Adhesive_Remover_4oz_pump

If you use that brand your dog will still be greasy no matter how many shampoos you use to try to get it out!

Thanks for the heads up Jessica. I'll probably go with goo gone or zo-eeze.
 
Back
Top