Justicemom
Forums Celebrity
I frankly don't know what to expect as far as it would mess him up down the line. As the owner of an intact male preformance dog, I spend all my time teaching him to ignore that smell when working.
I go to lots of all breed shows with conformation. There is always in heat girls there whether you know it or not. I purposely would encourage owners of intact girls to train with me as does the owner of the school I go to. They can come just wear pants. The tip I gave was giving to me to proof stays.
It paid off for me too. One day during an utility run, I sent Justice on a go out and man did he blast off but he started drifting to his right. I told him to sit which he did but a bit slow and he kept looking over his left shoudler. 2nd go out was great, perfect. Turned out there was a frenchie in heat standing with her butt to the ring gate 4 ft off center from the go out spot.
The next dog was not as responsive to his owner. Thats how we found out.
I go to lots of all breed shows with conformation. There is always in heat girls there whether you know it or not. I purposely would encourage owners of intact girls to train with me as does the owner of the school I go to. They can come just wear pants. The tip I gave was giving to me to proof stays.
It paid off for me too. One day during an utility run, I sent Justice on a go out and man did he blast off but he started drifting to his right. I told him to sit which he did but a bit slow and he kept looking over his left shoudler. 2nd go out was great, perfect. Turned out there was a frenchie in heat standing with her butt to the ring gate 4 ft off center from the go out spot.
The next dog was not as responsive to his owner. Thats how we found out.
Last edited:
