They are so adorable!

Wow...so sketchy. How did she not mean to lie? People are ridiculous.

Was she friendly to you? I think that would have been a really bizarre conversation!

And yes, regardless, the pups are precious!
 
They are gorgeous! Thank you for the new photos, have to say, Tolouse is VERY cute.

As to whether they look like shelties, I'm only used to looking at the English type at this age, so don't read too much into it, and it's not easy to tell from a photo, but for the first time I'm wondering if there is any possibility of a terrier being involved? (One of the bigger breeds) as their front legs look quite sturdy for shelties. However, as I said, very difficult to tell. Either way, they will remain my pin up babes!!! I love them:biggrin2:
 
You know, I was thinking about this...and I am in NO WAY an expert, as I've only seen baby shelties twice in my life...but I think that their fur looks a little kinkier...like maybe terrier-ish? Of course, it could just be the age, the angle, who knows! But that was my original though in the most recent pics.

I was looking and a Wire Fox terrier came to mind. Their coat looks to full and almost wiry.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/wire_fox_terrier/index.cfm

Those are mediumly sized. Or maybe a Welsh terrier? I would think their birth weight would be significantly different if it were an Airedale mix or something.
 
I was looking and a Wire Fox terrier came to mind. Their coat looks to full and almost wiry.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/wire_fox_terrier/index.cfm

Those are mediumly sized. Or maybe a Welsh terrier? I would think their birth weight would be significantly different if it were an Airedale mix or something.

interesting! They def. don't have wire hair like those breeds RIGHT now. Their hair is sooo soft and theo's is a bit wavy, but not wire-like or stiff. I wonder what age we will be able to tell... I thought for a while they were too small, but yeah, when I look at breeder websites of 4 wk old shelties they def resemble them and as newborns they totally had the sable merle trade marks where they have dark spots.
 
I was looking and a Wire Fox terrier came to mind. Their coat looks to full and almost wiry.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/wire_fox_terrier/index.cfm

Those are mediumly sized. Or maybe a Welsh terrier? I would think their birth weight would be significantly different if it were an Airedale mix or something.


Boy, you both are right on!! I googled pictures of wire-fox terrier puppies and these ones look very similar to them..Getting very interesting it?? :smile2:
 
My bet is if they are mixed it's def. not from the terrier family. I'd be highly surprised. George's head looks just like the others it's just much bigger lol. he's my big boy! :)

I think it would be a small, small dog as that's what she has. Maybe Shih Tzu? She has a lot of those and chihuahuas. I just think their fur would be totally different if terrier... and not as cute bc I don't fancy those dogs at all... LOL
 
My bet is if they are mixed it's def. not from the terrier family. I'd be highly surprised. George's head looks just like the others it's just much bigger lol. he's my big boy! :)

I think it would be a small, small dog as that's what she has. Maybe Shih Tzu? She has a lot of those and chihuahuas. I just think their fur would be totally different if terrier... and not as cute bc I don't fancy those dogs at all... LOL

http://thewirefoxterrier.com/wirevillepage7.htm

Wire fox terriers have really silky, just fluffy, fur as young pups. That's part of what made me think it.

You live with them though, so trust yourself. I'm just going off a few pics! If she was flipping the dogs that fast, the woman you got her from may not even know or own the dog who is the father.
 
http://thewirefoxterrier.com/wirevillepage7.htm

Wire fox terriers have really silky, just fluffy, fur as young pups. That's part of what made me think it.

You live with them though, so trust yourself. I'm just going off a few pics! If she was flipping the dogs that fast, the woman you got her from may not even know or own the dog who is the father.

Right. I wouldn't be surprised about that. We shall find out!... Their coloring is very much sheltie so that's good. :)
 
Back
Top