Those unleashed dogs again

Sumac3890

Forums Sage
I went for an early morning walk with my husband so I could see the bats that he keeps telling me about. We got 2 blocks away from our house and here come those loose Goldens. She ended up right behind us and at one point when she got off her bike to pick up poop, I was able to say to her that there is a leash law in our neighborhood and if we had our dogs with us there could of been a problem....her reply was my dogs are very well minded...I said well there is a leash law. One of her dogs kept growling at me for some odd reason. We saw her again and her one dog was almost a block away following some one else and ther other one we could not see but then saw it back at her house. So irritating. I can understand them being well minded but they can be that way on a leash.
 
If they are that far away from her then she is not really being responsible. There is a lady here with a rottweiler that she walks always off lead. She never knows what it is doing, sometimes she is at the far end of the road and the dog is at the other end.

I've seen the Rottie on our drive sniffing around the cars, and just this weekend we found dog poo on the lawn. I am pretty certain it was her dog.

And this woman had the cheek one day to say Cadbury was out of control because he bounced in the air, 10ft away when her saw her dog as he was so excited. I instantly made him sit (he was on lead) and moved to the side she she could pass. When she refused to pass I eventually walked around her with Cadbury in a heel position and she told me he was out of control!

Gosh that woman drives me crazy! Grrr.

Are these goldens running on a road then? I presume they are if she is on a bike. That is so dangerous to other road users and she will be liable if her dogs cause an accident.
 
Well, you've warned her. Next call animal control. Some people do not think the rules apply to them; and have to learn the hard way.
 
I agree - call animal control. She needs to be aware that if something happens, whether a bite or knocking someone down, she is responsible for it. If it were a child it was to happen to, they may well be traumatized for life. Irresponsible pet owners really bug me. I know our insurance covers dog bites, but who wants their insurance going up if there is a claim made. I am afraid I would have had a hard time biting my tongue.
 
Leash law is a leash law. I don't care if Lassie is running around trying to tell you the farm is on fire. It's not only to keep their dogs from biting or attacking, it's to protect them from getting run over by a car. Dogs get distracted, no matter how well you train them. So do people. Won't take long before the dog gets hit by a car and by then, it will be too late.
 
I have that problem in my complex. Just an hour ago walked out the door with Gypsy and Chandler and there's the Rottie that's always off leash and drives me and them crazy because the owner is always half way across the parking lot and the dog just runs back and forth all over. People don't realize when a dog is off leash and another is on the one on goes crazy because they feel they can't protect themselves. It drives my dogs nuts and they have become really leash aggressive due to all these people walking their dogs off leash around here. I have done everything you are supposed to to try and break them but when you have big dogs off leash in hallways,jumping into elevators after your dogs, and charging at them outside it gets pretty difficult. The apt manager said she would send a letter to all tenants again 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen one yet.
 
I take loose dogs by the collar and stand there with them until the owner comes to get them. We don't have too much problem here, dogs are usually on leashes. There is one lab that escapes his fence regularly and comes to visit. I take his collar, drag him down to his street, smack him on the butt and tell him to go home. He wanders back to his fence and goes back in.
 
As I just posted, we go to the park, dogs running at times on the street. I have a fenced in yard and I have to watch my two every minute back there because of the history in my yard.

Lately we have deer come in, raccoons. Before that we had a very aggressive dog as I posted on the front porch, shy, scared. One morning I get a phone call, there are five horses in your side yard, I had to ask what they were drinking. Go outside, and one puts its head around the corner.

Then a man was raising wild turkeys, and two of them are sitting on top of the fence, plus we have had feral cats, and a litter of beagles that got out and dug there way in.

The one that got me really upset was one person in the neighborhood let their dogs out every morning and evening, and went after the dogs around me.

The one day the one broke under the fence, bent this heavy gauge fence, and went after my Lucky. I picked Lucky up and ran. The vet, couple of doors up caught the nice dog that traveled with the mean one, and took him home to the owners and reamed them out. Never seen them again. Now I have a heavier duty fence up, but the deer can jump.

I just found out that irish soap in a nylon sock keep the deer away. Going to try that one out. Maybe I can save a few flowers I have left.
 
Back
Top