Today was THE day...

I second the comment that she looks very co-operative of the grooming (I love the first picture of her yawning as you're lifting her tail to cut around her bum bum hahahaha for some reason that shot made me chuckle LOL)! Very good job and very beautiful sheltie :D
 
Sally looks very co-operative throughout the groomings. (I do hope treats were in order) (treats are the only way we are able to groom Mally) (treats make it worth his while!)

You did a fine grooming job. Sally looks great!

Sally is an extremely beautiful girl!

Yes, Sally is very cooperative-she's a good girl. Never any problems with her, really. I know she isn't real fond of having her nails trimmed, but she holds very still and I give her turkey jerky to cement the deal. She is a beautiful girl because she is so sweet and a fun dog to be with.
 
Nice job and it is great that she co-operates so well! My boys love to be brushed and fussed over. Except the nails, and we are working on that...
 
Isn't grooming fun? :ick:lol:

I have to say I'm mixed minds about it, Once I get going, I can't stop. But to get myself going requires a huge amount of will power.

But when I actually do it, it feels wonderful, and the dogs actually seem happier too!
 
Isn't grooming fun? :ick:lol:

I have to say I'm mixed minds about it, Once I get going, I can't stop. But to get myself going requires a huge amount of will power.

But when I actually do it, it feels wonderful, and the dogs actually seem happier too!

Yeah, I can't stop either- I'm trimming stray hairs for the rest of the day.
 
Sallie looks great, that tail up is something, but I like her shelite smile. I love her expressions, pretty sheltie. Ya Done Good!!!

I did Lucky one day and Lil' Lady the next, I was totally shocked they loved their bath. Sometimes its a little forcing them to like it. Neither one minded the snip snip part stray hairs and nails. With these high temps I think that is why they enjoyed themselves.

The longest deal here is getting Lil' Lady's coat wet, and making certain all the shampoo and conditioner is out of both of them. Lil' Lady has coarse hair and Lucky has silky.
 
well it's nice to see we aren't the only one who take advantage of warm weather & groom on the patio table! She's a pretty girl, and looks so much more relaxed than ours are.
High-value treats are a blessing for me:smile2:
 
Love the pics!

that's really cool.
she looks like she is taking it well.
We have been bathing our dogs since we got them (going on 10 years now w/ Joy). We do it in our walk in shower (guess it's double size) upstairs, using the hand held sprayer.
Our pack is hilarious with their body language before the bath - they try to "hide" -but it's only halfhearted, cause they know there are treats after we're done & they get to be dried off with a succession of towels, which they absolutely LOVE. They then proceed to run around the house doing the wiggle butt while rubbing up against anything & everything, grinning all the while.
We've been clipping &/or filing their nails, snipping hair between their paws, cleaning their teeth (Debbie is a dental hygenist & "SO" good with the dogs it constantly amazes me) & doing the occasional poopy pants trim for years now.
Deb "just" started really "grooming" with a Conair Pro electric Shear - we have a lot to learn -We're going to be hitting this page a lot more from now on.
The looks the dogs give us while this is going on are priceless. Kinda like when we are tending to wounds, scrapes, etc. -they seem to know we're doing it for their own good & we get nice kisses when we're done, but they still wish the treatment didn't have to happen.
BTW - our Shelties seem to have learned to kiss us by just touching our nose with theirs - (no "tongue" as it were:winkgrin:
I taught Joy to do this when we first got her -of course she's kinda shy anyways -not a cuddler usually.
I think she taught the other dogs to do it -Joy is still Alpha -though Tyke is beginning to take over that role -that's another story:razz:
Does anyone else's dog do this form of kissing?

Scott
 
Back
Top