Tomorrow is our first trial of the season!

[QUOTE=" I have the info for teaching Connie's method if you want it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I have the article that she wrote for Front and Finish, Dog Trainers News a few years ago, but it wasn't the right thing for me. My puppies learn to turn on their nose when I toss treats in the tall grass and they learn to use that nose to find them! I give them the "find it" command as I see/hear their nose working. Changing from metal to leather has been a bit sticky with each of the five dogs I've trained, but eventually they all learn to discriminate a scented leather from the scented metal.

Connie Cleveland is coming here in July for a weekend, I've paid for an audit spot. I've been to three of her workshops with a working spot and it is always money well spent, and an interesting format.
 
[QUOTE=" I have the info for teaching Connie's method if you want it.

Thanks, I have the article that she wrote for Front and Finish, Dog Trainers News a few years ago, but it wasn't the right thing for me. My puppies learn to turn on their nose when I toss treats in the tall grass and they learn to use that nose to find them! I give them the "find it" command as I see/hear their nose working. Changing from metal to leather has been a bit sticky with each of the five dogs I've trained, but eventually they all learn to discriminate a scented leather from the scented metal.

Connie Cleveland is coming here in July for a weekend, I've paid for an audit spot. I've been to three of her workshops with a working spot and it is always money well spent, and an interesting format.[/QUOTE]


ooooh - when in July? although I think I'm already booked all month.........................
 
Thanks, I have the article that she wrote for Front and Finish, Dog Trainers News a few years ago, but it wasn't the right thing for me. My puppies learn to turn on their nose when I toss treats in the tall grass and they learn to use that nose to find them! I give them the "find it" command as I see/hear their nose working. Changing from metal to leather has been a bit sticky with each of the five dogs I've trained, but eventually they all learn to discriminate a scented leather from the scented metal.

Connie Cleveland is coming here in July for a weekend, I've paid for an audit spot. I've been to three of her workshops with a working spot and it is always money well spent, and an interesting format.


ooooh - when in July? although I think I'm already booked all month.........................[/QUOTE]
 
Back
Top