Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Toy Sheltie.....I'm still in tears....

Discussion in 'The Sheltie Standard' started by BarbV, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Laddie's Mom

Laddie's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    A 5 pound Sheltie!!! That breaks my heart, I know I would have cried, I am almost now. I am glad a loving family got her, I hope they treat her nicely and she has a happy life.

2. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

3. dixiechick

dixiechick Forums Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Springfield, Mo
    I just looked at the site for the"designer" breeds! This is disgusting ! There are sooooo many dogs out there that need homes! Why create more! :confused2:

4. Tabitha

Tabitha Premium Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Have you heard anything back from the rescue?

5. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Can you believe that there are so many morons around? I get this stupid information all the time. My dog is a purebred "fill in the blank" and always a cute little name tag to go with it. They then always tell me that, yes, they are so a purebred as they come from a purebred mom and a purebred dad. REALLY.
    I refuse to call them by the cute designer name. So, if someone says they have a cockerpoo, I respond "so does your cocker spaniel poodle cross resemble its spaniel parent or it's poodle parent? I then follow up with questions like "does it have the cocker hair coat or the poodle hair coat? is it temperamentally more like a spaniel or a poodle, does it have ears like the poodle or the spaniel and I keep going until they start saying "I don't really know. This is when I hit them with, well you know when you mix breeds like that, you never know what to watch out for for health wise.
    BTW, I am not a mixed breed snob. If they tell me they have a cocker mix or a cocker poodle mix, they get the nicer side of me.

6. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

I like! I think I'll teach my staff the same. Like you, I've got nothing against mixed breeds, just people that think these designer mixes are actually breeds. Sorry...no such thing as a Cockapoo....Ah, you mean a cocker/poodle mix?