corbinam
Moderator
I love watching your weaves.Okay, now I'm thinking I may buy my runs from AKC. Sigh. More money. Oh, I also bought a photo. Awesome pic, need to scan it in.
For the pairs, how do you decide who to pair up with? Is it something that is chosen by the hosting group? Yourself? That was fun to watch. I've never seen that before (heard about it, never seen it run).
So I take it when they whistle you for an E, you can still go on. I like that about NADAC too. As long as you're not taking a long time, you can go on.
Overall though, Bentley is looking good. It's fun watching how responsive he is to the two of you. Koji doesn't seem that responsive to me, but then, I'm watching myself run so its a whole different story. lol.
Thanks for the weave compliment. He does them nicely...once he gets in. Next step is teaching him to weave to the end regardless of what we do. As of now we can't cross before, after, during etc without him coming out.
Looking forward to seeing your pic/videos. I know I always get sucked into buying some pictures...
With pairs, you can put your partner on your entry sheet (has to be on both dogs' entry form), or you can just put "whoever" basically. It's much better to choose your partner, though, because at our small trials I've been not able to run before because there wasn't anyone to run with. Also, at this last trial, we had to run with a 22" dog (we jump 16") because there was no other 16", and we had a faster SCT (you go with the faster SCT), and we definitely didn't make it!
As for an E, most judges will let you go on. I've seen a couple more snarky ones say "Thank you", but that was in Starters where it seemed that the dog has no chance of completing the course correctly.
