Trial results

Really enjoyed all the videos and what long days for all of you. He did wonderful with the weave poles and I have 2 questions what is Snookers and what does Q mean? I did not realize there were so many terms for agility. Good job Ashley, Jonathan and Bently
 
Really enjoyed all the videos and what long days for all of you. He did wonderful with the weave poles and I have 2 questions what is Snookers and what does Q mean? I did not realize there were so many terms for agility. Good job Ashley, Jonathan and Bently

Thanks, Susan.

Snooker is a "game" event in the venue that we run (USDAA). If you've ever played Snooker pool, it's similar. In the opening, you have to take a red jump before you take any other obstacle (my husband says "You have to go to the ATM to get cash before you can 'buy' an obstacle"). So it's red jump, obstacle of your choice, red jump, obstacle of your choice, etc... The opening either has 3 or 4 red jumps. Every obstacle has a point value that changes for each course. So one day the weaves might be 5 points, another day they might be 7, etc... If you miss a red jump and take an obstacle, you get whistled off. Once you complete the opening, you go to the closing where you have to complete the obstacles in order according to their point value (2-7). If you mess up here, you get whistled off.

And Q means a Qualifying run. They are better than blue ribbons! Q means that you completed the course without any mistakes (under course time, no dropped bars, did everything in the correct order, etc...).
 
More nice runs. I think you're right about setting B up too close in JWW. Congrats on being in the $$ in the Steeplechase. :biggrin2:
 
WOW
that was awesome to watch!!!

you guys have come a lonnng way, it seems?
what great handling by both of you, AND is it just me or does Bentley seem wayyy faster and totally more confident?
Just an awesome job all around, I LOVE watching all your videos! I finally get more of an idea what this agility is all about...
he has fast weaves, no idea why he missed A-frame, but in the beginning of the video I was thinking, wow, Toffee would NOT like doing this at night.. he gets hyper at night and much more reactive to sounds... so maybe Bentley was distracted or something?
 
WOW
that was awesome to watch!!!

you guys have come a lonnng way, it seems?
what great handling by both of you, AND is it just me or does Bentley seem wayyy faster and totally more confident?
Just an awesome job all around, I LOVE watching all your videos! I finally get more of an idea what this agility is all about...
he has fast weaves, no idea why he missed A-frame, but in the beginning of the video I was thinking, wow, Toffee would NOT like doing this at night.. he gets hyper at night and much more reactive to sounds... so maybe Bentley was distracted or something?

Thanks, Irene! We definitely have improved. I think that's why I'm happy with this weekend despite only getting one Q. We had so much to work on, and we did--and we have definitely improved a lot of things. He is so much more confident, is able to work farther away from us, and at least has one of his contacts down :wink2:

You might be right about it being night time. It doesn't help that we were at the field since about 3:30, and didn't run that particular run until almost 11 p.m.
 
I didn't have time to look at the videos, but I got to see them now. First, a big yay on the gamble. I sooo know what you mean. He got out very far and that's awesome enough. :)

That was odd about the A-frame in Steeplechase. It's like he just decided to go around it.

I'm curious, how do you decide who'll run Bentley? Do you do certain games, or just switch off? And another weird question....does Bentley like to run at night, or day? LOL. I was thinking...that's right, they do evening ones over there. I think ours are all during the day (but I"m sure your nights are due to heat).
 
I love watching your weaves. :) Okay, now I'm thinking I may buy my runs from AKC. Sigh. More money. Oh, I also bought a photo. Awesome pic, need to scan it in.

That was your FIRST time forgetting the course? Really? I've done it a few times already. Typically it's when we run Standard back to back and all they've done is reverse the flow. I get lost. Good thing Koji puts up with me.

For the pairs, how do you decide who to pair up with? Is it something that is chosen by the hosting group? Yourself? That was fun to watch. I've never seen that before (heard about it, never seen it run).

So I take it when they whistle you for an E, you can still go on. I like that about NADAC too. As long as you're not taking a long time, you can go on.

Overall though, Bentley is looking good. It's fun watching how responsive he is to the two of you. Koji doesn't seem that responsive to me, but then, I'm watching myself run so its a whole different story. lol.
 
I'm curious, how do you decide who'll run Bentley? Do you do certain games, or just switch off? And another weird question....does Bentley like to run at night, or day? LOL. I was thinking...that's right, they do evening ones over there. I think ours are all during the day (but I"m sure your nights are due to heat).

We decided when we first started with Bentley that my husband would do the "games" and I would do the others. Hence, I ended up with Standard and Jumpers, and he ended up with Snooker and Gamblers.

It worked out really well because Bentley is much better at Jumpers and Snooker than he is at Gamblers and Standard, so it was pretty fair.

If there's a weekend where one is offered more than the other, or we have Steeplechase and Grand Prix, we just choose randomly.

With Lexi, we decided that I will run Jumpers and Gamblers, and he'll do Snooker and Standard. I have zero interest in Snooker (thinking on your feet?!?! YUCK!).
 
Back
Top