Trials--do you use a tent/EZ Up/canopy?

Easy ups are nice but when looking at ANY brand if possible look at the frame size (some are to flimsy), joints (some have really cheap coupling), and depending on your needs the material. The silvered ones are significantly better in providing cool shade.
 
Easy ups are nice but when looking at ANY brand if possible look at the frame size (some are to flimsy), joints (some have really cheap coupling), and depending on your needs the material. The silvered ones are significantly better in providing cool shade.

VERY good point about the couplings. Mine failed because instead of having only one coupling (and 4 bars across making and X). Mine had.....something like 8 bars, with couplings at every 2 feet of bar. That's what eventually cracked. Many others I see have that too, but their's seem to hold up better. I know EZ-up's don't have all those "quartered" couplings.

That probably makes no sense. So here's a photo. Where the bar is broken...EZ-up is a solid bar. All those couplings you see, just means each is an individual piece. I thought it was a solid piece, it's not and that's where mine broke, in a few places.

So check to see the strength of that coupling. BTW, that canopy is a QuikShade. Can't say if it was faulty or if it's the brand that is bad.
 
Ez Up

Most of the outdoor trials here are at fairgrounds so I tend to go the buldings that are used for other animals.Alot of people here do you EZ Ups or tents.:smile2:
 
VERY good point about the couplings. Mine failed because instead of having only one coupling (and 4 bars across making and X). Mine had.....something like 8 bars, with couplings at every 2 feet of bar. That's what eventually cracked. Many others I see have that too, but their's seem to hold up better. I know EZ-up's don't have all those "quartered" couplings.

That probably makes no sense. So here's a photo. Where the bar is broken...EZ-up is a solid bar. All those couplings you see, just means each is an individual piece. I thought it was a solid piece, it's not and that's where mine broke, in a few places.

So check to see the strength of that coupling. BTW, that canopy is a QuikShade. Can't say if it was faulty or if it's the brand that is bad.
Quickshade used to be real nice but the last one I got was a bit lame (I use them up at the bike races in wind storms)
 
Back
Top