Trials--do you use a tent/EZ Up/canopy?

Thanks for all the interesting info, everyone.

In Ohio (in Silaria's agility area) I'm assuming that over 75% of trials are indoors. My hope is that the little tent will get us through the remaining 25%. After that we'll see where we end up and see if we need something more permanent, like an EZ-Up.

I'm going to set it up this weekend for practice to see how it works.
 
WE usually suffer the sun or sit in the car.

So do Dan and I!

I've used this for the last two years at Premier, with a silver sun screen on top of it. The dogs seem to enjoy themselves just fine.

I would like to find a little something for Dan and I though! I like the look of that half tent.
 
These little half-tents are great! We trialed in the wind for 3 days (I know, crazy!) and mine stayed up the entire time. On Sautrday, 30 mph winds with gusts to 50 and Phebe and I were protected and warm. Several people went out and bought them Friday or Saturday night after seeing how well they handle the wind. On Sunday, it was really funny to see all the naked EZ-Up frames with one of these little tents sitting underneath.
 
Just thought I would add an update to this thread, Last week I bought a 10X 10 Ezup canopy & walls because I want to attend some outdoor trials this year it arrived Friday around 5:30 . I set it up Friday night it's great, now Comes the clincher. It doesn't fit in my car. My trunk is 56 inches wide and the ezup canopy is only 52 long in the case checked that but the trunk opening is too small to get it in the trunk 46" max :eek2::eek2: I never even thought to check it and my car doesn't have rear seat passthroughs, it will go in the wifes malibu with the back seat down but not in my trunk..... I was able to figure out a way to get it inside the car but it has to run right down the middle of the car and sit up on the back seat window ledge, not a very pleasent way to travel especially with 3 dogs in the back seat, not sure how they will take to it being there. If you have a van or SUV it shouldn't be a problem, but if you are traveling in a car with no pass throughs: IT"S A NOTA GONNA FITTA :rolleyes2:

I think I kicked myself about half way around the block for being so stupid. anyway I now have a nice new canopy to use if I can figure out a way to get it there. Laugh NOW at my expense please I did after I had finished swearing.
 
Last edited:
These little half-tents are great! We trialed in the wind for 3 days (I know, crazy!) and mine stayed up the entire time. On Sautrday, 30 mph winds with gusts to 50 and Phebe and I were protected and warm. Several people went out and bought them Friday or Saturday night after seeing how well they handle the wind. On Sunday, it was really funny to see all the naked EZ-Up frames with one of these little tents sitting underneath.

So glad to hear that the tent worked! I haven't used it yet here, but only because our trials are normally so small that it's easy to crate out of the car (less set up/break down!)
 
Just thought I would add an update to this thread, Last week I bought a 10X 10 Ezup canopy & walls because I want to attend some outdoor trials this year it arrived Friday around 5:30 . I set it up Friday night it's great, now Comes the clincher. It doesn't fit in my car. My trunk is 56 inches wide and the ezup canopy is only 52 long in the case checked that but the trunk opening is too small to get it in the trunk 46" max :eek2::eek2: I never even thought to check it and my car doesn't have rear seat passthroughs, it will go in the wifes malibu with the back seat down but not in my trunk..... I was able to figure out a way to get it inside the car but it has to run right down the middle of the car and sit up on the back seat window ledge, not a very pleasent way to travel especially with 3 dogs in the back seat, not sure how they will take to it being there. If you have a van or SUV it shouldn't be a problem, but if you are traveling in a car with no pass throughs: IT"S A NOTA GONNA FITTA :rolleyes2:

I think I kicked myself about half way around the block for being so stupid. anyway I now have a nice new canopy to use if I can figure out a way to get it there. Laugh NOW at my expense please I did after I had finished swearing.

Any way to strap it to the top of your car?
 
I use a similar shade shelters at agility comps and it works great - fits two crates/xpen and me (even a chair if I duck my head). Mine has pockets around the bottom so I weight the bottom in windy weather (I put some pebbles in plastic drink bottles). It is a pop up one so folds up easily and goes into a little backpack.

I felt a bit daggy with the shade tent at first when there were so many gazebos around but I am noticing more and more shade tents now - less time to set up, not as heavy and you dont have to get there before dawn to find a space to set a gazebo up.

What's an Ezy-up?
 
Back
Top