Trimming ears

Ashley,

All I can say is that your two always look better than Mr. Koji who thinks he's part Papillion. I'm sure whatever you do, they look great. Can't wait to see what Lexi's ears will look like soon enough.

BTW, I know I tend to use thinning shears for the back parts. Also, not sure if you've seen this on Bentley yet, but I noticed that with Miko, as he got older, his hair didn't grow back as crazy/unruly and now, I rarely need to trim them. I wonder, is that normal? His hair also changed texture over the years (not as fine anymore).

good luck with Lexi's ears. How do her feet look?
 
OMG...I cannot believe how much your Lexi looks like my Lexi. my Lexi is 3 1/2 years old so she has more fur and your Lexi has a better ear set, but the markings are almost identical!
 

Attachments

  • My Lexi.jpg
    My Lexi.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 30
OMG...I cannot believe how much your Lexi looks like my Lexi. my Lexi is 3 1/2 years old so she has more fur and your Lexi has a better ear set, but the markings are almost identical!

Wow! I covered her ears up, and you're right, they do look alike! Must be a "Lexi" thing :lol: Do you know what lines she has in her pedigree? I wonder if they are related.
 
Ashley,

All I can say is that your two always look better than Mr. Koji who thinks he's part Papillion. I'm sure whatever you do, they look great. Can't wait to see what Lexi's ears will look like soon enough.

BTW, I know I tend to use thinning shears for the back parts. Also, not sure if you've seen this on Bentley yet, but I noticed that with Miko, as he got older, his hair didn't grow back as crazy/unruly and now, I rarely need to trim them. I wonder, is that normal? His hair also changed texture over the years (not as fine anymore).

good luck with Lexi's ears. How do her feet look?

Thanks for the compliments! And you're right about Bentley. His ears don't get nearly as crazy. He doesn't seem to have as much fur on them (?)

The dogs' feet look okay. I can't really get the whole "every toe looks separate" thing...but they at least don't have grinch feet!
 
Ok I did some pics...it was hard to do by yourself and with a cam on a tripod and a dog that has an attitude today (grrrr)....so they dont look the best...

This is the comb I use its about 4" in length

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightplum/5978449310/

This is how I hold the ear...than I can roll it up or down with just my thumb...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightplum/5978448780/

This is how I trim going down on an angle toward the outside and inside of the ear leaving the middle slightly longer to create that arch

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightplum/5978449018/

And this is what he looks like all done..its still slightly long in that pic...I did end up taking a bit more off...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightplum/5978449458/
 
Ok I did some pics...it was hard to do by yourself and with a cam on a tripod and a dog that has an attitude today (grrrr)....so they dont look the best...

Noah? With an attitude? I don't believe it for a second! He must just be feeling some youthful exuberance... there's no way that sweetie-pie mushy-dog could cop an attitude!

Great pictures, Linda - thanks for posting these!
 
Ok I did some pics...it was hard to do by yourself and with a cam on a tripod and a dog that has an attitude today (grrrr)....so they dont look the best...

although my dog's ears don't tip, this is great! Thanks for the photos. they help so much more than words alone. :)

why oh why don't my boys ears tip? sheesh. and i worked so hard on koji's. oh well.
 
Back
Top