Vaccinations and Boosters

Sorry if this is ot but I need to say it.

Dr Mac I wish you continue to post and add useful pertant info to the forums. After all you do have all that experience and knowledge to share with us! I always respect what you write and there are even some topics that we agree to disagree on:wink2: you see in one day more than any pet owner on here may see in their lifetime.

Same goes for dr shelli!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Vaccinations

Sorry if this is ot but I need to say it.

Dr Mac I wish you continue to post and add useful pertant info to the forums. After all you do have all that experience and knowledge to share with us! I always respect what you write and there are even some topics that we agree to disagree on:wink2: you see in one day more than any pet owner on here may see in their lifetime.

Same goes for dr shelli!!!!

Very well said and so agree!!Thank You both !!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well thanks for that.
However, anything I say will provoke a rebuttal, and we'll be off again.
Again, vaccines and food are off limits. The moderators are absolutely correct that no one wants to generate more heat than light on a subject.

Dr. Shelli is much better at this without provoking contention. :cool:

For those who contacted me about PMs, I'll get to that tonight. - Dr. Mac
 
Sorry if this is ot but I need to say it.

Dr Mac I wish you continue to post and add useful pertant info to the forums. After all you do have all that experience and knowledge to share with us! I always respect what you write and there are even some topics that we agree to disagree on:wink2: you see in one day more than any pet owner on here may see in their lifetime. Please don't let the few who think they know it all drive you away from contributing.

Same goes for dr shelli!!!!

:hugs :hugs :hugs, OMGsh, I couldn't have said it better!
 
We lost a dog to parvo back in 1978 before alot was known about the disease and vaccines were available. Because of what that poor pup went through and what we went through emotionally I will always vaccinate my fur kids against this disease. Also we live in an area with a very high rate of heartworm disease so we yearly do blood tests and use revolution or interceptor for prevention. As some people have said this is a highly contentious issue and everyone has to make their own personal decisions according to their situation. I don't believe we should be telling anyone what is the right or wrong thing to do.
 
I think you've gotten some great answers! I feel like more and more people are getting on board and realizing the every year vaccine is a bit too much... I'm happy to see that. I am a firm believer in taking in all advice, researching, and doing what feels right to YOU.

I'm just so thankful we have titer tests so if someone who gave a vaccine last year is worried about the immunity, they can run a simple test to check before having to inject again. When you're messing with the dose of toxins these vaccines deliver (and you factor in all the other toxins around us and given to our animals) it's always better to play it safe!
 
Thank-you for keeping this discussion on topic and civil!

We all know how hot the discussion of vaccinations can be and as was stated above, the best we can do as loving pet owners is to take in as much information as possible and draw our own conclusion.

This forum is all about education and we appreciate everyone's input.

Dani
Moderator
 
so, its' really not my intention to start a furball fight. But, here in Philly there have been a recent rash of rabies (feline variety) because of people not vaccinating.

I'm sure the people having to undergo rabies treatment would not appreciate this thread. we vaccinate for everyone's safety. My animals, your animals, your kids, and your neighbors.
 
so, its' really not my intention to start a furball fight. But, here in Philly there have been a recent rash of rabies (feline variety) because of people not vaccinating.

I'm sure the people having to undergo rabies treatment would not appreciate this thread. we vaccinate for everyone's safety. My animals, your animals, your kids, and your neighbors.

I think a majority of people that have given their input have said they vaccinate for rabies according to the law.
 
Back
Top