Vet grooming

I believe Chris's term will be printed in the Webster Dictionary or shoot even in the Medical Books.

I always had fear of burning Lady's butt with the electric razor, so I thought today was the day to ask the vet and the tech. I felt I never got it down far enough, the vet as I said was laughing so hard, stated the tech was a pro at POOP CHUTES.

The tech even stated that was a good thing, because when they get that crusty cap on their butt hole, it can cause an infection. Oh dear god I didn't tell them how many wipes I use to clean her up so that didn't happen. I was afraid they would loose it on me, laughing.

Ok we are anal about POOP CHUTES!!!
 
I think the term may be wider than just us. I ran into another Sheltie enthusiast at the dog park. She had just gotten her 2nd Sheltie, a pretty light sable girl from a local breeder. Within moments, I noticed the poop chute and she crowed with laughter, saying that's what the breeder called it! As far as I know, she doesn't belong to the forum and neither does the breeder (I've done a search, but I guess they could be leaving out their kennel name.).
 
I think it is a widely used term. I have heard it, and sometime do them for my grooming clients. My dogs don't need them because of the diet. Well, that and my Collie is smooth. :smile2: If she needs one, I am in serious trouble.
 
I dont have to do my pups yet but my Angel (R.I.P.) hated having it done..it would take 4 people to lift her tail up from between her legs. She didnt like her butt messed with.

Indy is still like that! I swear he's herculean muscles in his tail. Whenever I go looking, he clamps down so hard, it needs the jaws of life to pry his tail up!
 
I think it is a widely used term. I have heard it, and sometime do them for my grooming clients. My dogs don't need them because of the diet. Well, that and my Collie is smooth. :smile2: If she needs one, I am in serious trouble.

For sure, its widely used for those in the "know". The first time I brought Bacca to the groomer, I asked her to do the poop chute. She just laughed and said how rare it was for owners to ask for this, but she does it as a matter of course.
 
I think it is a widely used term. I have heard it, and sometime do them for my grooming clients. My dogs don't need them because of the diet. Well, that and my Collie is smooth. :smile2: If she needs one, I am in serious trouble.

No my boy doesn't need it either, he has a silky coat. My girl who has coarse hair some of the poop sticks to her if it grows out, and I don't catch it soon enough. As I stated she is low to the ground, has a coarse coat, and walks sometimes as she goes because of distractions, she is little miss nosey.

Lil' Lady has a big furry butt, she can't help it, she just has to be trimmed back there.
 
After a bad grooming incident at PetSmart we were referred by our vet. office to the mobile groomer. So far so good. No problems. She charges slightly more than PetSmart did, but it's all worth it. We have a peace of mind now.
 
Back
Top