Waaa hhhh I need a hug !!

My cousin (we were raised as sisters) lives in west TN. We were out in her (large, unfenced) back yard, when the neighbor comes walking over followed by her Sheltie. At least, she CLAIMED it was a Sheltie - I couldn't tell, as the dog had been completely shaved except for her ears, face, and tail. At the time, I had never seen such a travesty of a grooming job. I had my Neechee with me, fresh from a groomer I used before shows - all pretty and billowy and regal looking. I told her, "No, THAT's <pointing at Neechee> a Sheltie."

Turns out, the neighbor had just moved there from Canada, and had somehow mistakenly thought that Tennessee had such unbearable heat waves that there was no other choice but to shave her long-haired dog!!! I ended up advising her why the (primarily indoor) dog did NOT need to be shaved - we have had air conditioning in the South just as long as everyone else has.

She ended up accusing me of extreme cruelty to my dogs (I had two with me - Neechee, who was following me around, and Max the BC who was discovering the many joys of a two-foot deep pond) and of course, I was suitably offended.

Why do people INSIST that a shaved dog is a cooler dog? My Max was the original shaggy dog and I still had to put sunscreen on the white area around his nose when we trained outside. Do YOU run around nekkid in the bright summer sun? No, we wear clothes to protect us from the sun!

Sorry - I got carried away.
 
Do YOU run around nekkid in the bright summer sun? No, we wear clothes to protect us from the sun!

I never understand why people think it's safe to shave their dog and then have them in the sun. It's like exposing our typically unexposed areas to the sun and wonder why we're burnt to a crisp. Crazy dog people. Oh wait, that'd be us. Crazy ignorant dog people. LOL.

To the OP. I hope you're feeling better. If it makes you feel any better, I hate my bangs (got them cut back in Feb or something). I pull on them to grow faster, do you suppose it works? Sigh. Poor pup.
 
I guess we are very lucky.. my vet added a groomer onsite a few months ago and Laddie has been to her twice now. She is very gentle and loving with him and always does a fantastic job. He loves having a bath and dry and is even getting better with having his tush brushed (Mr. don't touch my a...s!). He gave her big kisses when she was done with him. She trims his pants and chute area a bit, and he always looks stunning when she is all done!
He knows he' handsome!!!
 
Oh, no! Treesa! What happened?

Me got my butt shaved one or two groomers ago, I was embarrassed. Bacca too (though my hair is growing back faster than Bacca's....he still has fuzzy butt sometimes. Ha! Ha! Fuzzy Butt Bacca!). Though Mom says its been almost a year since the "disaster".

My Mom wants to tell you that she found a groomer in Ottawa (what's Ottawa? :confused2:) that seems to know Shelties and you should call Mom. The groomer did Bacca and me a couple of months ago and did a good job, Mom says. I don't know what a "good job" is. I just know that me don't like going to groomers. Me has to stand and pose and stand and pose FOREVER! When Mom grooms me, I get treats!!!! Lots and lots of treats! All groomers are stingy about treats, that's why we hates them.

Love, your brother, Indy!
 
.... Pants gone ... check
.... Flairs gone ... check
.... hocks gone ... check
... :sadsmile: all I asked for is please bath her & trim her nails and her ears ....

:gaah:gaah:gaah:


..... I need a hug

OMG ... that is terrible! I don't think I could ever trust to take my Shelties to a groomer ... there have been too many horror stories amongst the people here!
 
:hugs You sure do need them. That is outrageous!

My two aren't perfect looking but it beats the heck out of a groomer who needs to have her listening ears on. She didn't hear ONLY?
 
I took Clancy to be groomed by someone else for the first time ever (well, other than his breeder!). I specifically asked for no scissoring other than trimming up the feet and ears. I'm happy to report that Clancy looked awesome! Actually, we could have done with a bit more trimming around the ears but I was just glad that the groomer listened to what I asked.

What I did find hilarious though was that I also asked for them to shave in a bit of a poop chute. And she cleaned all that up nicely....but I did notice the next day when Clancy was playing...that she *really* shaved him. Clancy carries his tail up when he's running around and all I could see was this bright pink area. Poor guy, he must have wondered why it was so breezy up his bum all of a sudden :biggrin2:.
 
Thanks everyone :yes:
.... I does grow back ... I know.
Indy .... Treesa will get your groomers name .... You are handsome and very pose worthy !!!
 
If I had a dollor for everytime someone here in Texas asked me if I was going to shave Daisy for the summer the last few weeks, I'd be a wealthy woman by now....I try to explain you don't cut a sheltie's hair, but it's like they just won't listen...they, too, think I am being cruel to keep "all that hair" on her for the summer.

I am sorry about the bad cut....I've had a few too....Daisy is still growing her pants back after the rear end shaving she got last fall.

Hugs! :hugs
 
Back
Top