We might be....

defiantly agree with everyone else, multiple shelties are great! I cant imagine not having a herd :) There is always someone to keep someone company. And generally they all get along great with each other and play well. Mine range from 11 years old to 10 months old so there is quite an age difference in there, but I think they keep the older ones young, and the older ones teach the new guys the ropes and how to behave and what is acceptable.

Although not to say the older ones some times teach the new ones their bad habits:uhoh::lol:

If your on my Christmas card list dont look otherwise here is their Christmas pic for this year...not the best but it was slight mayhem here trying to get everyone to sit still (aka SIX who kept falling off the stairs!:rolleyes2:)
Christmascard2010.jpg
 
defiantly agree with everyone else, multiple shelties are great! I cant imagine not having a herd :) There is always someone to keep someone company. And generally they all get along great with each other and play well. Mine range from 11 years old to 10 months old so there is quite an age difference in there, but I think they keep the older ones young, and the older ones teach the new guys the ropes and how to behave and what is acceptable.

Although not to say the older ones some times teach the new ones their bad habits:uhoh::lol:

If your on my Christmas card list dont look otherwise here is their Christmas pic for this year...not the best but it was slight mayhem here trying to get everyone to sit still (aka SIX who kept falling off the stairs!:rolleyes2:)
Christmascard2010.jpg

They all look so happy and plump!!!
 
Wonderful support!!

Thank you all for the kind words of support and encouragement :yes: I had a sneaking suspicion you all would be supportive :wink2:.

As far as the neuter process, the breeder told me per their Vet that "Sean's" testicle was easily accessible and shouldn't be any more complicated than a regular neuter :cool:. In fact he said he would do the neuter at normal price!

If we do get him of course we'll discuss it with my Vet and see what she says :yes:.

We go for a visit THIS Friday morning...I don't want to get too excited since whenever I do I get let down..
 
I think you should go on Friday, check book in hand, then send this little tri boy to me......:smile2:

We've been looking at some Shelties to get back to two since Maggie headed to the Bridge in October. Two of the boys have had the same issue so it's good to hear a bit more about it.

As for adding another, Maggie was 8 when a little snot nosed boy named Cozmo showed up. Minutes later, you would have thought they were long time friends. All this at 1 am when we got home with Cozmo and really wanted to just go to bed. We watched them play for an hour, finally Maggie was ready to go to bed. Maggie was happy as she had someone to boss around......

Rolland
 
Maggie was just weeks shy of 13 when we got Zak and he has even made this old girl play again. IT is so fun to watch her bounce around and have fun with Zak. She has never gone after him like she did when we brought Katie home.....I think mostly because he is male and his temperment.
 
Maggie was just weeks shy of 13 when we got Zak and he has even made this old girl play again. IT is so fun to watch her bounce around and have fun with Zak. She has never gone after him like she did when we brought Katie home.....I think mostly because he is male and his temperment.


Okay you have intrigued me, what is his temperament? :smile2: Is this something I should be looking for is his personality and h ow it will mesh with Megan?

At this point Megan is pretty stand offish when it comes to other dogs. We have an "old lady" cat that she would just LOVE to play with, of course Mindy will have none of it. Other dogs she seems timid around :uhoh:
 
Not going to!

Wow oh wow, just when I though this new puppy MIGHT work, the breeder was just so rude..

I didn't like him back then when we got Megan, and I don't like him now. Megan's mother was owned by a very nice lady so I had little to do with Megan's father's breeder, if that makes sense :confused2:.

So we're not getting him, we shall wait for another time :cool:
 
you seems to be doing all right things finding your new addition to the family. Sorry to hear it seems not working out.
There is some serendipity in my life how things happen. Che happened at right time and right place... we were traveling that way, had time set up for being with puppy, breeder let us choose first pick, rest is history...
I asked for Leo since he was born but he showed good signs of being show dog initially .... by 9 weeks it was clear he is not going to have "substance" on his muzzle... I was able to snatch him right then... he looks like an elf now...:smile2:
 
Wow oh wow, just when I though this new puppy MIGHT work, the breeder was just so rude..

I didn't like him back then when we got Megan, and I don't like him now. Megan's mother was owned by a very nice lady so I had little to do with Megan's father's breeder, if that makes sense :confused2:.

So we're not getting him, we shall wait for another time :cool:

Oh, no! Bummer! Interesting that Megan is standoffish with dogs... Did you introduce her to other dogs over the last year? Hadley, too, ignores other dogs for the most part. She ignores the cat mostly, except for the occasional herding of her. lol She has, however, started playing w/the puppies and I'm hoping that they show her just how fun it is to play and chase and just let loose. Sh
 
Oh that's a bummer!! I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out... BUT... I'm a believer that everything happens for a reason... so it must not have been right anyway. Out of curiosity... What is it about him that's so off-putting?

Also, I'm curious about SheltieChe's use of the term "substance on his muzzle". What does that mean?
 
Back
Top