Well, Bacca is driving me crazy.....

Treats are no problem here. They know the protocol. It's amazing how smart they truly are.

When I leave the house in the morning, they both get a little cookie.

In scenario one, I'm the only one home and when I go to the cookie jar, they both instantly run to their crates. They get their cookies, I just the doors and I leave.

In scenario two, my son is still home. This time when I go to the cookie jar, they both sit, side by side and wait. They eat their cookies and both jump up on the couch.

The third scenario is when we're off to the cottage on the weekends. When I put my overnight bag next to the garage door. I go to the cookie jar and they both park themselves at the garage door and wait because they know they'll get a cookie before I move them into the car.

It's so amazing how they totally get the nuances.

I have not enacted the "new food rule" yet, btw, because I've not had a chance to rearrange the living space. When I do, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks for all the great tips!
 
Back
Top