We're picking a puppy on Thursday!!!!!

3 more days! I haven't spoken to the breeder as I know she is busy with other folks picking up puppies this weekend, but hopefully no hitches in picking her up. And, in some rare good news, my dear friend surprised me with her news, which is that she just got a Dachshund puppy! She is completely up for puppy play dates since obviously there are no official puppy classes or such now. It's great that she's another small dog because this friend had Labs for years and that would not be a good match for a Sheltie puppy.
 
Stupid lockdown. She is about an hour north of us, so don't know what's going to happen. Luckily, her hubby is a sheriff down here and commutes, so he may have to deliver her to us. At least that's an option; but she was going to show me how to do the ears.

Anyway, thanks everyone, she is very cute for sure. Can't wait to see her personality come out.

We have decided her name is Meadow. It was between Meadow and Ember, but Meadow seems like a softer name for a "soft" dog. :)
If the breeder can't show you how to do the ears, we can help- Ann has the best posts on doing ears, if you search the forum you will find the posts. Or just ask! I found it pretty easy, I could never get the bridge right, to get the ears closer together on Minnie's head, but her ears weren't set low, they turned out great. SO EXCITING!!!
 
3 more days! I haven't spoken to the breeder as I know she is busy with other folks picking up puppies this weekend, but hopefully no hitches in picking her up. And, in some rare good news, my dear friend surprised me with her news, which is that she just got a Dachshund puppy! She is completely up for puppy play dates since obviously there are no official puppy classes or such now. It's great that she's another small dog because this friend had Labs for years and that would not be a good match for a Sheltie puppy.

Yey she has another little puppy to play and grow up with! I can't wait for your stories and pics Sharon!! There may be hard times ahead for everyone but at least you have a little beam of light coming to your home soon!
 
Back
Top