What Does Your Sheltie(s) Like To Eat (Besides The Regular Dog Food)?

They surround my husband instead. They all have him wrapped around their paws. Whatever he's eating, he makes sure that he sets aside a tiny bit for them. I've warned him that when they go in for their checkups and weigh more than they are supposed that he can go in and explain it to the vet! :winkgrin:

Guilty as charged. I unfortuntely am also wrapped around their paws. Whatever I'm eating for dinner, I save them a small bite. I do try to make it something healthy though.
 
Sheltie favourite food beside regular stuff

Mostly they just love Rice Krispies - just about a handful dropped in various places around the kitchen floor for them to find.
- apples, carrots and bananas - on occassion only.
 
Layla adores vanilla ice cream -- if I have some, she materializes at my elbow. :lol: Annie Laurie loves raw veggies. Bits likes ice cubes.
 
Cali loves grass and sticks and what not from outside but really does not get into too much inside besides the bathroom trash can which I have recently got rid of because she kept getting into it. I have never given her any table scraps and its really nice to have a dog that does not beg or stare at us while we are eating. I was under the impression that Shelties were not to have table food at all because of the sensitive stomach issue so I have never given her anything. She does however get pieces of apple on occasion. She also loves her Milk Bones! I guess I can start being a little bit more lenient on giving her veggies and what not. I will just have to make sure I don't give them to her off of our plates so she does not beg!
 
I guess not all shelties have sensitive stomachs

Cali loves grass and sticks and what not from outside but really does not get into too much inside besides the bathroom trash can which I have recently got rid of because she kept getting into it. I have never given her any table scraps and its really nice to have a dog that does not beg or stare at us while we are eating. I was under the impression that Shelties were not to have table food at all because of the sensitive stomach issue so I have never given her anything. She does however get pieces of apple on occasion. She also loves her Milk Bones! I guess I can start being a little bit more lenient on giving her veggies and what not. I will just have to make sure I don't give them to her off of our plates so she does not beg!

My parents sheltie has a very sensitive stomach, Sadie does not. She's gotten into things before that she shouldn't (like another dog's food) and shes fine. My parents sheltie on the other hand would have been sick for days
 
Bbq

LOL, yesterday I smoked some spareribs on the grill and and I swear I could see The Boys (Max, Sparky and Disco) drooling in anticipation!:lol:

Sparky enjoyed the drippings that hit the driveway concrete and settled down on the pavement, tongue in constant licking mode!

Sparky and Max also like apples, I find out yesterday, but Disco wasn't so certain that he liked them. His was consumed by Max.:biggrin2:
 
Anything and everything we let them. Which includes raw vegetables and fruit (dropped on the floor), cooked meat (any kind), ice cream, popsicles, orange tic tacs...my dogs are chow hounds!
 
Back
Top