which CC products

I use Ice on Ice to brush Sca with.

When he does not go to the 'salon' I use White on white. Read the instructions it is fine for all colors as it is not a whitener. The lady at the salon uses a zillion different shampoos I think she likes to shop for shampoo :lol: I used After Bath once on Sca and was pleased though he is soft to begin with.

I have a Mark I small slicker for his ears that ROCKS. Everyone that uses it wants one. I had a Mark V Triangle slicker and was unimpressed then Sca chewed the pointed end and ruined it. Also have a pin brush that I don't use a ton (not sure the size). I mostly rake him, then slicker him with extra work behind the ears ending with some metal comb work. Though on a scale of 1 to 10 my grooming work is a 2 :wink2:

Oh and Sca is a tri but has almost zero brown.
 
Last edited:
Also..... which do you recommend for a sable, gold on gold or red on red?

Bailey has a short & flat coat. I suspect she doesn't have her full coat yet, so I use Thick N Thicker on her sable fur and White On White for her white her. Once that's all rinsed off I use the After Bath conditioner and then spray her with Ice on Ice when her brush her.

I have the $10 system kit that comes with 4oz bottles of everything.
http://www.cherrybrook.com/index.cf...catid/215/vname/Chris_Christensen_System_Kits

It's actually lasted me over a year. We have about one more bath left and then I'm due for a new kit.

Edit: Hmmm after reading about Thick N Thicker, I guess it's not really a shampoo. I'll buy Day By Day for Bailey.
 
I tried the spectrum 10 at nationals...nothing like trial by fire:lol: I really didnt notice that much of a difference with it on Noah...I tend to use my old stand by of Clean start, followed by Thick n Thicker conditioner for when hes out of coat, and white on white on his ruff and feet/legs...I generally use clean start on all mine, it is a nice general bath shampoo...now if they are REALLY dirty and filthy nothing cuts though it like Crown Royal shampoo...but that sucker lathers and has alot of suds so it takes longer to rinse them clean...but it smells nicer than the cc products..

I have tons of cc brushes....probarly as many as they carry :wink2: I use the 20mm on puppies, and molly since she doesnt carry an undercoat..the rest get the 27mm. I also have a mark II slicker....although right now with shedding season upon me I would trade all of them for another buttercomb :smile2: I swear I walk around the house with it in hands reach to comb someone out!!
 
I tried the spectrum 10 at nationals...nothing like trial by fire:lol: I really didnt notice that much of a difference with it on Noah...I tend to use my old stand by of Clean start, followed by Thick n Thicker conditioner for when hes out of coat, and white on white on his ruff and feet/legs...I generally use clean start on all mine, it is a nice general bath shampoo...now if they are REALLY dirty and filthy nothing cuts though it like Crown Royal shampoo...but that sucker lathers and has alot of suds so it takes longer to rinse them clean...but it smells nicer than the cc products..

I have tons of cc brushes....probarly as many as they carry :wink2: I use the 20mm on puppies, and molly since she doesnt carry an undercoat..the rest get the 27mm. I also have a mark II slicker....although right now with shedding season upon me I would trade all of them for another buttercomb :smile2: I swear I walk around the house with it in hands reach to comb someone out!!


I like Clean Start for Justice. He tends to have a light oily build up on his skin as time goes on and it does a really nice job of cleanse his coat and skin. Smells good too. Crown Royale formula 3 is what we used to use on Diva before and it worked really nice for her too. I agree about the smell it is so nice.

We tried the spectum 10 on Jaime and it really didn't make that much difference. But then as I said he has proper coat texture likely your dogs do too. Diva needs all the help she can get. It is getting better as she gets older.
 
I like Clean Start for Justice. He tends to have a light oily build up on his skin as time goes on and it does a really nice job of cleanse his coat and skin. Smells good too. Crown Royale formula 3 is what we used to use on Diva before and it worked really nice for her too. I agree about the smell it is so nice.

We tried the spectum 10 on Jaime and it really didn't make that much difference. But then as I said he has proper coat texture likely your dogs do too. Diva needs all the help she can get. It is getting better as she gets older.

Yes Noah has by far the harshest coat here, which mind you is correct and the standard, so every week when my mom says you gotta condition his coat its too dry:rolleyes2: I have to keep reminding her uhh its supposed to be harsh not silky smooth...But yes Molly has an oily silkyish coat so it drives me crazy...she also has a smell about her, shes had it since I got her at 10 weeks...she just smells different from the other sables...
 
Good that you mentioned that about spectrum 10. I didn't realize it helped with the wave. My 7 month old show prospect has the same type of coat... slightly soft, and wavy, and I would love to find a way to manage it. I'm hoping he does like my blue boy, who had quite a bit of wave as a young dog, but most of it has gone away as he's gotten older.

I'll have to check it out as well. Indy's coat is too soft so it tends to stick out in every direction. (can you imagine that this is considered a problem! Ha!)
 
I use the CC Spectrum One shampoo and conditioner for shows. It's the formula that's made for double-coated breeds and to build volume when we want to plumff up the dogs (yes, plumff...a show term, LOL). Mine tends to need volume and the Spectrum One really helps. I bought the Spectrum Ten once by mistake and realized too late that for this kind of coat, it made it way too flat and soft. I can see though where it would be great for a wavy coat. So it all depends on what you need for your dog's coat.

I use Thick and Thicker in the ruff, and white on white on the whites. I also use the CC Coat Dressing the next day to moisturize.
 
I use the CC Spectrum One shampoo and conditioner for shows. It's the formula that's made for double-coated breeds and to build volume when we want to plumff up the dogs (yes, plumff...a show term, LOL). Mine tends to need volume and the Spectrum One really helps. I bought the Spectrum Ten once by mistake and realized too late that for this kind of coat, it made it way too flat and soft. I can see though where it would be great for a wavy coat. So it all depends on what you need for your dog's coat.

I use Thick and Thicker in the ruff, and white on white on the whites. I also use the CC Coat Dressing the next day to moisturize.

Yes Ann you are right Spectum one not ten. Pink label. Shows what I know:o. I don't buy it, Rahcel just gives it to me and says bathe the dog. :lol:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top