Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Why should people join the Sheltie Forums?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Kelly, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    And we're addicted to you, Barb! :hugs

2. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Well, shucks! What can I say to that? I guess that puts me in the category of crazy sheltie lady! Who wears black bra's that dogs like to steal, who has sick dogs, crazy dogs, owns a pet store so think she knows everything, shalll I go on and on???

3. Chasin Ponies

Chasin Ponies Forums Regular

Dec 22, 2012
    Central OHIO
    Me too!

Yep! that's me too! It is a super friendly, supportive and helpful group with lots of knowledge to share and it's pretty obvious we all ADORE our Shelties!!
    :eek:

4. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    I have only been a Sheltie Nation member for a few days now and I have to say I've enjoyed (almost) every minute of it. The only down side is I just posted a new thread about trouble with my puppy's teeth and got bad news:(. But the strange thing is is that I'm happy about it! The people here are so helpful and honest!:winkgrin:

5. Lynnel

Lynnel Forums Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2011
    Oceanport, NJ
    I joined because I have a sheltie and thought it would be nice. What I didn't expect was how helpful it was to me and my rescue Max. Not only did it help me to remember no one knows there child better then there mother, bit it gave me the information to stand up to my vet when he. Was failing my Max. The extra bonus was that everyone was so wonderful, caring and darn right smart when it comes to our Shelties.
    This site is worth every penny and more. It's so comforting to k ow you have so many friends who love your Max as much as I do.
    Thank you for starting this wonderful site, and sharing so much!!❤

6. alonsoe

alonsoe Forums Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2014
    Spain
    Me too!

I joined the forum one month ago, when I got my new sheltie puppies and I wanted to be up to date of sheltie things as behaviour, health and so on.... What I found is this forum plenty of interesting things, tips and beautiful people who share all our experiences and love the shelties. I wanted to get in contact with shelties ownes in Spain near Castellón de la Plana, but I had no success.

I find the information of the forum very useful and very kind people here. So I agree whith all the posts here and I became adicted to this forum too.

Thanks to every one here! :smile2:

7. seashel

seashel Forums Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2010
    Kent, UK
    Losing a dog is a traumatic experience, no matter how prepared you think you are for the event. It is can also be a lonely time as friends and family may not understand exactly what you are feeling and may tell you to pull yourself together - or you may feel ashamed somehow to express the depth of your grief over the loss.

Sheltie Nation helps us in so many ways with advice, sharing stories and photos and discussions. But it is the tremendous outpouring of support and kinship that is shown to everyone who has a new 'Sheltie Angel' where the forum is possibly most necessary.
    Even those who have joined simply to share their grief have been welcomed and shown love and care so typical in our worldwide family of Sheltie Nation friends. It helps beyond measure to read all the messages of support from those who truly understand what you are going through - even if you have never met the posters. You don't feel alone any more and the words of comfort give strength through the difficult days.

Over the years I have shared so many experiences with my friends on the Forum, highs and lows, fears and fun. The delight of a new puppy, worries over health, queries about training and celebration of achievements. Sharing the news of Yogi's passing was the most difficult post I've ever written but within moments the responses were coming and believe me, every word has helped. So thank you, from the bottom of my heart. You are indeed a true sheltie family.

8. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

That sums is up really well......losing Bacca just pulled the rug out beneath me. He was my lifeline after my daughter's suicide in 2008 and to lose him this year was rock bottom. He had been my lifeline. But the people on this forum were there for me, sharing memories of him and the funny stories. It kept me going.

SO, I also thank this forum for being their for me when I most needed itl and btw, that need it still there!

9. Vera Hallam

Vera Hallam Forums Regular

Feb 1, 2017
    Kitchener,On. Canada
    I've just joined 'Sheltie Nation'. When I have questions, I received clear, concise answers which I truly appreciate.
    There were many answers, with many options.
    I love reading the threads as well, they tell me what to look forward to with Mandy and how to enjoy the challenges that I have with her now.
    Thank you to all.

Ann likes this.
  10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I have never experienced the most wonderful, compassionate, helpful people in one place as on Sheltie Nation!
    Having a place to go when you have questions, want support, or voice a concern, the sheltie nation community rally's around to help!
    The compassion extended to me on Mr Chances passing helped beyond words! It filled my heart! Having my dear boy live forever on the Angels page gives me comfort!
    Kelly, I know the what goes into the re-design, hosting, and supporting of this site! It is a great deal of hard work! Bless you for allowing this community to exist! You have had a dramatic and positive effect on so many of us! For that I am eternally grateful! Bless you!

Piper's mom likes this.