Zukes Sold To Nestle Purina

Just throwing it out there why you think the product will change by changing ownership?

I think if the product is working they won't change it and they bought because it because it was working.

I would not panic yet, but I'm looking into it because I had not yet heard this myseff from my Head office....
 
Just throwing it out there why you think the product will change by changing ownership?

I think if the product is working they won't change it and they bought because it because it was working.

I would not panic yet, but I'm looking into it because I had not yet heard this myseff from my Head office....
because it is nestle and they will find a way to cut corners and make a bigger profit..just what they do..doesnt matter if it works or not..if it can be done cheaper it will.
 
Just a thought, maybe if enough people wrote Nestle and ask them NOT to change the product, they will listen. Just acquiring the company, maybe Nestle is not yet aware of how good a product Zukes is and with people writing in, they will "take under advisement" your requests/concerns.
 
Anyone stock up on Zukes before Purina starts(ed) producing them? Does anyone know how to tell which bags were produced after the Purina acquisition?

Here's a photo of what I have so far. I bought most of them as soon as I heard Zukes was bought by Purina. I bought the Duck one recently assuming it was probably produced by Zukes before they sold out. However, I just noticed the "made in USA" on the top right corner is a little different, so I don't when it was produced.

All I need is a large bag of Salmon flavor and I'm good for a while. Then I'll try to find different treats.
 

Attachments

  • Zukes.jpg
    Zukes.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 12
I bought 3 bags at the big PS 2 months ago. I notice that 2/3 have the USA with a blue single star and the bag copyright date is 2012. One has USA with a small flag and the bag copyright date is 2013. Now, unless that means a newer flavor (it's peanut butter flavor) and they designed that bag later than the others (salmon & chicken are what I have) that is the only difference I can see.

However, I have some old ones I bought back in August when I was training Melli (no bag, I dumped them all into a glass jar to store for better freshness) and I swear those were thinner chunks. I was shocked at class last night when I tore open the bag and pulled out one that was thicker than I had used just days before training at home.

Not sure if any of those have to do with the change.
 
I bought 3 bags at the big PS 2 months ago. I notice that 2/3 have the USA with a blue single star and the bag copyright date is 2012. One has USA with a small flag and the bag copyright date is 2013. Now, unless that means a newer flavor (it's peanut butter flavor) and they designed that bag later than the others (salmon & chicken are what I have) that is the only difference I can see.

The peanut butter flavor is not new. When I first started buying Zukes 4 years ago, their flavors were: Salmon, Chicken & Peanut Butter. The new flavors that popped up in the last year are: Pork, Rabbit and Duck.

The Duck bag I bought yesterday has the American Flag. That was the first time I've seen that.
 
The peanut butter flavor is not new. When I first started buying Zukes 4 years ago, their flavors were: Salmon, Chicken & Peanut Butter. The new flavors that popped up in the last year are: Pork, Rabbit and Duck.

The Duck bag I bought yesterday has the American Flag. That was the first time I've seen that.

they've had rabbit for a while- bought them for Callie when she was eating either rabbit or turkey food.
Duck I've seen but don't remember how long it's been out.
haven't seen pork.

I did buy several large bags a while ago-not sure what we'll use when those are gone.......
 
Do you still have a bag before the change? Why not just compare the ingredients?:confused2:

I've never bought Duck before, so I have nothing to compare it too. The other ones all look the same. Keep in mind, it might not necessarily be an ingredient change. They could change the source of the ingredients or the quality of the ingredients. Things like that are not indicated on the bag.

they've had rabbit for a while- bought them for Callie when she was eating either rabbit or turkey food.
Duck I've seen but don't remember how long it's been out.
haven't seen pork.

I did buy several large bags a while ago-not sure what we'll use when those are gone.......

You are right. I think I have been buying rabbit for more than a year, but I believe Salmon, Chicken, and Peanut Butter were the original flavors... at least I don't remember seeing Rabbit 3-4 years ago. I've only started seeing Pork and Duck in the last year.

I just sent an email to Zuke's-- to find out how I can determine when the bag of treats were produced. Maybe there is something in the lot # or expiration date.
 
I've never bought Duck before, so I have nothing to compare it too. The other ones all look the same. Keep in mind, it might not necessarily be an ingredient change. They could change the source of the ingredients or the quality of the ingredients. Things like that are not indicated on the bag.

Good point.
 
Back
Top