3rd Annual Southern Sheltie Gathering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking more at how Spitfires coloring is around his face etc. I always felt Jasper was'nt to big,as he only is at 15". And he certainly is no heavy weight only at 20#. So he a lean dog.

Cuddles are off limits for Jasper,only on his terms~ Goof ball,clown..oh yes. He is just so happy all the time.
It looks as though Spitfires coloring is very similar,but I could be wrong.
Similar in a lot of ways. Spitfire has a bigger collar but they both have the dark front golden backend. Jasper has a similar tone but one brown leg (which is cool) while Spitfire is white on both. I think Jasper is leaner as Spitfire has gotten a bit stockier and fluffier. I think Denise will want to capture him for some petting for sure :lol:

Spitfire is a bit more intense than clownlike but goes off on a nutter all the time. For instance he will just zag when running for no reason or jump for the heck of it. But he all can tuck and run with an amazing intensity when he thinks something needs to be barked at.
 
Similar in a lot of ways. Spitfire has a bigger collar but they both have the dark front golden backend. Jasper has a similar tone but one brown leg (which is cool) while Spitfire is white on both. I think Jasper is leaner as Spitfire has gotten a bit stockier and fluffier. I think Denise will want to capture him for some petting for sure :lol:

Spitfire is a bit more intense than clownlike but goes off on a nutter all the time. For instance he will just zag when running for no reason or jump for the heck of it. But he all can tuck and run with an amazing intensity when he thinks something needs to be barked at.

why would you say that? me pet a sheltie- well I guess if there's no papillon around:winkgrin:
 
I saved the date. Was disappointed when we could not come last year, paws crossed that we will come this year!

Anyone from Atlanta want to share the ride? I have room for a passenger and a normal size sheltie. :D
 
I really want to go. I think I joined the forums shortly after last year's shindig, and I remember reading the posts about it and seeing the pictures, and thinking how fun it must have been!

I have also saved the date. It will depend on Mike's work schedule (and finances, of course)... I really hope we can make it! :smile2:

Ironically, we're doing the annual Carpenter Family Vacation at Murrell's Inlet in September this year... pity the two don't overlap, that'd make it really easy. :biggrin2:
 
I saved the date. Was disappointed when we could not come last year, paws crossed that we will come this year!

Anyone from Atlanta want to share the ride? I have room for a passenger and a normal size sheltie. :D

Oh I so hope so! My goodness,every time I pop in to check the responses,I just am getting so very excited.

for us,this is just an event,that Brian & I are so thrilled to be able to do. We look forward to it every year.
I cannot thank everyone enough,as the helping hands that are lent to me are so welcomed. It just gets better & better.
 
Cool check RoadSide America for unusual stuff to see on the way (I know it will be limited due to the pack being in the car).

It will be interesting to see what Sca and Justice think of each other. And how many nano-seconds it will be before either Ember or Diva puts a smack down on Spitfire :o

Well if there is food and people Ember will be hanging with the people. She doesn't believe she is actually a dog. My guess is Diva will do the smack but we can distract her will a ball. Hopefully Birch will keep SPitfire distract as all he wants to do is play.
 
I saved the date. Was disappointed when we could not come last year, paws crossed that we will come this year!

Anyone from Atlanta want to share the ride? I have room for a passenger and a normal size sheltie. :D

Oh I hope you come. It would be neat to have 2 dogs named Justice/us in one palce. That has never happened before!
 
Ok counting all the responses,even with the ones that want to come,I am looking at 21 dogs. (Counting Earnhardt)

I still have no word from Katherine yet,I sent a PM to her. Janet will be here as well,with I am sure at least 3. So I have not counted any Carolinians or Floridians that usually come.

GEEE WILLIKERS!!
We will have Tri's
Blues
Sables galore
Double Merles
And 2 dogs with identical names!
What a great variety,sizes,& personalities in one place. We are going to have one heck of a turn out!

I think the youngest one coming is Dawn's precious new bundle Hartley!
Again,please do email me with any concerns,questions,dietary needs. (Vegan,Vegetarian,allergies)
I like to know in advance just in case I decide to make something for dessert that has nuts etc.

Anyone needing accomodations,I will call & get rates for you.
 
Wow that will be quite the gathering! I really hope we can make it. :fl

I did a Google search today for hotels in Cheraw and found that the nearby Days Inn and Jameson Inn are both pet-friendly... though if I recall, the Jameson pet policy said one medium sized pet allowed, and the Days Inn said 2 medium pets, so for those with 3 or more, it might be an issue... if the hotel staff are going to be sticklers, that is. I am sure more hotels in the area are pet-friendly, too, but I stopped looking at that point because either of those would suit our purposes...

... if we are able to go. I am trying hard not to put the cart before the horse, but as you can see, I'm not doing very well at it. :biggrin2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top