Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Another Pit Bull Attack

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Ann, Feb 10, 2018.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Just saw the go fund me page...

Sheltie Attacked-help Nellie
    https://www.gofundme.com/54qgcdc

$8,412 of $5,000 goal

Raised by 250 people in 5 days

Sheltie people are GREAT!!!

Ann likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Nellie is home!

Cara Sandler likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Excellent news!
    Thanks for letting us know Chris!!

4. sable

sable Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    There sure is many in our shelters here. I hope this little Sheltie is on their way of healing. So sad.

5. Zana

Zana Forums Regular

Nov 15, 2017
    Boise
    There r a lot of dogs who run wild back home in the bush. I once heard that instead of using chemicals, is to condition ur dog to a sudden open umbrella and that way you scare the charging dog or surprise. Then if that doesn't deter then you do the next thing to save ur pup.

I plan to do that for kota. But with how skittish she is, it may take a long while.

6. Henrythesheltie

Henrythesheltie Forums Regular

Jan 8, 2018
    I always have a folding knife on walks for that very scenario. I love dogs and never want to kill one, but if a large dog has Henry, i'll dispatch it very quickly. Luckily, the worst encounter I've had was with a small white dog going after Henry and I just gave him a poke to the side and a Cesar Milan style "shht!" and he froze in his tracks. The owner was 20 feet behind leisurely walking to get her dog saying "Maverick staaaahp! Staaahp Maverick!"

Hanne likes this.