Bailey's Weight

Her stools are still a bit soft, but the vet said it should start to get better in 4 days.

The vet just called and said she still has the UTI, but doesn't want to put her on antibiotics because she's already been on too many antibiotics at such a young age. She wants me to give her the vitamin C pills and and cranberry pills. Then take another urinalysis in 2 weeks. She says its puppy vaginitis and more than likely will go away after she is spayed.

I don't know if I agree with this. My poor puppy is peeing so many times a day. I can't even go anywhere because I have to take her out every 30 mins.
 
Honestly, I agree with you. Symptoms like this won't go away on their own. You pup may need a maintenance antibiotic until she gets rid of the UTI, which until it's gone will make both her and you miserable.

Have you considered a consult with another vet? At this point, I think that's the route I'd take. You don't have to leave your vet if you like her, but it's important to do what's best for your pup and a consult might be the answer. Another vet might give you a different perspective. Just my two cents.

I sure hope things improve soon! Keep us posted.
 
thanks everyone.

Yesterday, my mom gave Bailey a vitamin C pill at 1pm. She put Bailey in her crate at 730pm. I got home from work at 830. I took her out to make as soon as I got home. She didn't do anything. I took her inside to play before bedtime. She didn't ring the bell or bark or have an accident in the house. I took her out again at 10:45. She peed then. She held it in for over 3 hours.

I don't know anything about vitamins, but I can't imagine it working that fast. Coincidence, maybe? Therefore, I'm going to give it till Friday. If she's the same or worse, I'm going to get a 2nd opinion from a different vet on Saturday.
 
It's so frustrating, I know! Bacca's been doing this on and off routine for months until I finally just went even though he was healthy at the time.

You think to yourself, enough, time to go back to the vet, and then all of a sudden they are better again. So you hold off, and then they get sick again....over and over and over.

Bottom line, don't wait too long to get to the bottom of it, even if means talking to another vet. You'll save yourself and your pup scores of frustration! I don't think what she's going through is something that will disappear on its on. I think you need to get to root cause soon.

Good luck! I feel for this poor little girl. It can't be pleasant for her either!
 
I just know what to do anymore with her diarrhea. The panacur dewormer was for 3 days. The last dose was last night. At 3am I heard noises from her crate. She pooped in her crate. It was very loose. She pooped again at 6am. Very, very loose, almost liquid.

I had been gradually mixing in science diet i/d with chicken and rice 3 times a day because she needs to gain weight. I'm very worried that whatever she's going through is effecting her growth. She's only 12 inches and is 22 weeks old.

I would think if she had worms, the panacur would've helped her diarrhea, not make it worse.

She's still playful and eating and drinking.

I made another appointment with the vet at 12 oclock today.

This is really stressful for me and taken a huge hit on my wallet. Loose stool for a month and UTI for two months. I don't think I can handle this much longer.
 
Have you tried the pumpkin, Randi? It should be available (100% pumpkin mixed with her food). Seriously....this works wonders.

Also...did you vet check for coccidiosis? This is a common cause of diarrhea in a puppy.
 
I tried pumpkin for 3 days last week and it didn't work.

She has a fecal exam two weeks ago and it came back negative.

She did have coccidia when I first brought her home in August and was treated for it with albon.
 
Back
Top