Bailey's Weight

Did she come home from the breeder with coccidiosis? Coccidia has spores, that can stay inactive for a really long time, and then come out. The spores can live in the grass....and then if Bailey ran through the grass, she could pick it up again.
 
Poor baby! and poor you. It is so frustrating watching them and not knowing what is wrong. I hope that you will figure things out soon. At least she is eating and drinking and playing - all good signs.

I am amazed that the pumpkin did not work. Did you use pure pumpkin? How much did you add?
 
Did she come home from the breeder with coccidiosis? Coccidia has spores, that can stay inactive for a really long time, and then come out. The spores can live in the grass....and then if Bailey ran through the grass, she could pick it up again.

She came from the breeder with it. I don't have grass in my yard. I poured boiled water on ground wherever she made when she had it. I even slipped a power towel on the ground to make it easier to clean up.
 
If I were you, I would switch cold turkey to chicken and brown rice with a tablespoon of pumpkin instead of a teaspoon.
If you not comfortable switching cold turkey, mix in less science diet than you are now but keep the chicken, brown rice, and tablespoon of pumpkin.
Good luck! :smile2:
Be consistent with the pumpkin instead of not giving it if you don't see a change. Her body might not have adjusted to it yet.
 
Last edited:
She came from the breeder with it. I don't have grass in my yard. I poured boiled water on ground wherever she made when she had it. I even slipped a power towel on the ground to make it easier to clean up.

Wow.....I see why you are so frustrated, you are doing everything right.

Have you spoken on the phone with the breeder, and let her know everything that is going on. If she is a reputable breeder, she should be very concerned, and try and walk you through everything. Both UTIs and the coccidiosis come out with a weekened immune system. From seeing Bailey....she doesn't seem like the kind of dog that is under a lot of stress :lol:, so I would be very concerned that something else is going on there that is weakening her resistance.

I am curious to see what your vet says today.

Hope you got insurance on her :wink2:

Danielle
 
If I were you, I would switch cold turkey to chicken and brown rice with a tablespoon of pumpkin instead of a teaspoon.
If you not comfortable switching cold turkey, mix in less science diet than you are now but keep the chicken, brown rice, and tablespoon of pumpkin.
Good luck! :smile2:
Be consistent with the pumpkin instead of not giving it if you don't see a change. Her body might not have adjusted to it yet.

I agree. Switch completely over. That is what the vets here always suggest for upsety stomachs and add more pumpkin with each meal. Good luck.
 
I do have insurance on her, which I got before all this happened...thankfully

She's been on rice and chicken this whole month. I tried gradually putting her back on her wellness and the diarrhea continued, so back to just rice and chicken for a few days. The I tried to gradually switch her to innova. When she was up to 1/4 cup on innova, bad diarrhea again. Back to just chicken and rice. The vet gave me science diet i/d on Monday. I started mixing it on. Then, really bad diarrhea today.


I'll what the vet says. My parents are taking her since I am work. So far they haven't called me.
 
I just spoke to the vet. She still thinks her diarrhea is a dietary issue. She's giving me science diet i/d canned food now. One can a day fed over 3 meals. No more rice and chicken. Nothing else. Still give her the vitamin C pill for her uti/vaginitis and she prescribed metro(something) for the diarrhea. She said her BM's will probably be loose tomorrow. Saturday she probably won't have a BM and to call her Monday to see how she's doing.

She did gain some weight, which is great. She was 7.13lbs on monday and now weighed 8.4lbs. Much better than her gaining .3 ounces in two weeks.

I'm hoping this works!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top