Barking while at work

Chandler gets stressed when I leave but than shuts up as soon as I am out the door. My vet did suggest Rescue Remedy or the pheromone plug ins when he was getting too aggressive when I left the house but I got a gate to block him from getting to me when I left so I never tried them. I do hear they work though.

Sadie would freak out when we left too (She doesn't get crated anymore). She'd start barking her head off and bouncing off of furniture in her attempt to get into the window quickly.

Instead I started stuffing a Kong with kibble and baby carrots, and hiding the kong and more pieces of baby carrots all over the downstairs. I think she likes when I go to work now, she certainly doesn't notice when I leave. :lol:

Tomorrow or Wednesday I'll set up the web cam in the living room so that I can spy on Sadie. :smile2:

I set up the web cam today but forgot to turn it on. My Mom has to drop by the house soon so I'll have her turn it on and see how long it takes them to settle this time.
 
I saw Ginny spin a couple of times around her crate till she sits down for a little bit, and again she spins. Poor girl, she can't stand in a spot for long :eek2:

edit: finally! she's down :3
 
Last edited:
I saw Ginny spin a couple of times around her crate till she sits down for a little bit, and again she spins. Poor girl, she can't stand in a spot for long :eek2:

edit: finally! she's down :3

When she's REALLY excited, she spins. This time its because my mother was still there (she turned on the web cam for me). Ginny LOVES my mother. :smile2:

After my mother left they only carried on for about 10 minutes before settling down. The freak out was a total of 15 minutes. That's a BIG improvement from the first time I spied on them last week. :smile2:
 
I'm spying on Ginny and Toby again. Toby has been chewing the bars of his crate so I sprayed it with bitter apple. It seems to be helping...
 
how are they doing?
I have a neighbor complaining about gavin's barking (he sleeps during the day)
so I'm thinking of doing the webcam thing. My other neighbors who are home during the day says he fine, but I really don't want a nasty neighbor. I hope is isn't too hard to do..my laptop does have a webcam but I have no idea how to set it up.

Cindy.
 
Its very easy to set up. I'm just using my laptop webcam. I signed up for a ustream account and I downloaded ustream producer, which is free software.

I didn't think of it either till I saw one or two other people on the forums doing it. Its been very informative, seeing what the pups are up to while I'm at work.

Toby did a lot of barking at first but I figured out a couple of things that helped him calm down, plus he's just becoming more comfortable with being with us.

Its surprised me to learn that Ginny is the more anxious one, not Toby. I had to cover their crates because he'd get anxious too, watching her.
 
Back
Top