Being into dogs is "uncool" :(

I just wanted to send you some big hugs your way. I've had to end friendships that I've had for 15+ years. I've had my cousin end our "friendship" beyond family ties after 30+ years of us being super close. It sucks. No matter how good it may be, it still sucks. And then to have them making fun of something you love? That's just low. People may joke about my involvement with my dogs, but they don't do it to be mean. They just don't get it (just like I don't get their love for babies, but at least I'm not mean about it).

Sigh. What can you do? I think everyone has covered it. Ignore them but leave them on FB. Block them on FB. Get down and dirty and retaliate. Knowing what I know about you on the forum, I'm sure the latter will make you sick. So, I'd go with choice 1 or 2.

OR, maybe you can post pictures of your dogs "jumping" on her page? Oops, that may be retaliation too.

I always tell people...divorce brings out the true character of the person. I'd say this is the equivalent.
 
I'm so sorry to hear people that you thought were friends treated you that way. How awful and immature.

FWIW, some of the best friends I have made are through agility or other dog related activities. Time and time again I have seen people in the agility community come together to support one another in times of need whether it be dog related or personal.

Try to take comfort in the notion that you are a part of a wonderful community of people who care about each other *and* their dogs. :yes:
 
Have I mentioned how awesome you guys are?!?!

When is the national sheltie meet up so I can give everyone a hug? :lol:
 
Need Bumper Sticker

I think it's time we all get bumper stickers:

Join the Uncool ~ Doggie Nerd Onboard!
 
Let me post something on YOUR wall about passive aggressive b*tches who can't appreciate real friends :)


Totally off topic, but this reminded me of a doggy t shirt I saw that said, "You say bitch like that's a bad thing" I would have bought it for Ainsley, but she isn't exactly the t shirt type.

As for the friends issue, I think we all have struggled with losing those who we thought were close friends. Sometimes people just grow apart, lives go in different directions. But this sounds like a hostile break up. I know stuff like this really hurts, but the best thing you can do for yourself is to let it go and move on with your life.

Sometimes people who we thought we could trust let us down. Sadly that is just a fact of life. I can promise you though that your dogs will never do that.
 
As the old saying goes
Who needs enemies when you have friends like that?

We've all been there. I had a good friend (at least I thought) I was there for her when she was sick, then she went to Uni. All of a sudden I was off the radar. I tried emailing but she would only respond when she was coming home and wanted someone to have a cup of coffee with.

The last straw was one Christmas when I learnt she walked PASSED my house to visit my grandad and didn't even say happy Christmas or put a card through the door. I was really hurt. But there you are, she obviously wasn't really my friend:rolleyes2:

Anyway, as for being cool - what is cool?
Cool today is usually lame tomorrow.

On the other hand uber cool is always cool - and dogs are uber cool. Trust me on this:wink2:
 
FWIW, some of the best friends I have made are through agility or other dog related activities. Time and time again I have seen people in the agility community come together to support one another in times of need whether it be dog related or personal.

Try to take comfort in the notion that you are a part of a wonderful community of people who care about each other *and* their dogs. :yes:

Absolutely! I have more people I can rely on, who will lend a helping hand or sympathetic ear through having my dogs than I have ever since leaving school! People who dont appreciate that are missing out on an amazing part of the world with wonderful people, experiences and beauty. So lets hope that those people dont ever realise what we know - because I dont really want them in my world!
 
Back
Top